Wednesday, September 19

Wednesday, September 19

A Chapter by Rhonda

   I was called into the principal's office today. I didn't know what I did wrong. Of course the whole class was like "Ooooooooh, Beth." Typical.

   "I've seen that you've been failing your classes." Mr.Smith, the principal said to me in his office. His office smelled like coffee and bacon. I guess he got himself a breakfast sandwhich at Burger King.

   "So?"

   "So, I've set up a tutoring session for you. It will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the library." I hate going in the library. I hate reading, unless it's something truly amazing. That's rare.

   "I'd rather fail than be tutored." His furry gray eyebrows shout up and his blue eyes widened in disbelief.

   "It's either this or you don't pass ninth grade. Besides, your mother called and was concerned about you. Your last progress report was truly shocking." Yeah, I got straight F's. So what?!

   "When did she call?" I snapped. Mr.Smith adjusted his name plate on his desk. His name was in capital white letters.

   "Yesterday. Trust me, Bethany, your life will be better if you get good grades." I hate when people call me my birth name, Bethany!

   "Look, I know that already. The universe has picked me to be a failure. I just already know my destiny!"

   He sighed heavily, as if he were losing patience with me, which he probably was. "The universe hasn't. You just need to change your attitude towards school. You have a lot of potential, you just don't know it yet."

   "How do I have potential if I was born a failure? Everyone knows it!" I ran out of the room. I heard him call me, but I ignored him. How could he possibly think that I have potential? Everyone knows that my friends and I are the school troublemakers. It's obvious because of my reputation, isn't it?

   My mom got all pissed off at me. She said that if I don't go to tutoring, I get grounded for a month. I chose restriction. Oh well.

  

 



© 2011 Rhonda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. At least concern for her by the school and parent. Hard for kids to understand. Education is very important. Need a strong mind to survive in this world. A very interesting chapter. Thank you for sharing your story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011


Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda