You Have No Choice...

You Have No Choice...

A Chapter by Rhena Le Roi
"

A strange, tall, handsome, blonde man has been invading Lily's dreams...

"

Lily sat bolt upright as once again she woke from what she couldn't decide was a wonderful dream or a horrible nightmare. All she ever remembered from these dreams was the blonde guy approaching her with a crystal orb, then... nothing. She got out of bed and went to go get a drink of water. "Ugh..." she sighed as she saw it was 3:37 in the morning. Now she'd never get to sleep, so she sat in bed and decided to read the book her mother had just bought her. The title read 'Labyrinth' and it was bound in a red, leather binding. She opened the first page to see the man she had been dreaming about a few minutes ago. But, something was different. Instead of crazy blonde hair, it was replaced with slicked back brunette hair. "Well, at least now I know where I've seen him before." she opened the book to the first chapter. She was immediatly ingrossed in the book as if she couldn't stop reading. She didn't stop until an hour later when she had finished the book. She sighed and leaned back on her bed. She stared at the ceiling and whispered, "I wish the Goblins would come and take me away, right now." She smiled and got under the blankets to go to bed.

 

      "Mom! Dad!" she screamed, as she kicked the blankets off her overheating body. It was like 90 degrees in there, she got out of bed only to run into a tree hanging over her head. She screamed again, she was outside, in her PAJAMAS! She got under the blankets and layed there for about a half an hour before she heard foot steps. She shook like a leaf and probably looked funny hiding under a blanket in the middle of nowhere. A finger poked her side, and she fell over not only in fright but also the fact she was ticklish there. She got up and was face to face with the man she had seen in her dreams. For a moment she looked as though she was going to faint but she steadied herself.

      She looked around and then pointed to him and then pinched herself. "OUCH!" she yelped. "If you are going to try to take any other test, just to inform you, this isn't a dream. You wished for the goblins to bring you here and, now, here you are." he said with a smirk. She looked around as if to find a quick escape but, she quickly realised that there was no way to leave without this guy stopping her. She narrowed her eyes at him and asked suspiciously, "What's your name?" He smiled and replied, bowing low, "Jareth Le Roi, King of the Goblins." She looked at him in disbelief. "What's wrong?" he asked and took a pocket mirror out to admire himself, making sure there were no stray feathers in his hair. She giggled and said, "Well, I just expected the Goblin King to look more like a... um..." she trailed off. "...A Goblin." he finished for her. "I am merely the Goblin King, ruler of goblins. I am actually a fae, which is a powerful being containing more magic than a human ever could." he said looking at her curiously.

      "Well, I'm in my pajamas so..." she said blushing a bit. He smiled and held out some clothes, "Taken care of, my dear." She took the clothes and started to take off her nightgown when she realised he was still watching, intensely. She pulled it back down and told him to turn around. He chuckled to himself as he turned to face the castle. "I'm dressed, now what are we doing now?" she said with an exasperated tone. "Well, we're going back to the castle, we'll set you up with a room and new clothes..." he said smiling. "Wait a minute, a room, new clothes? Come on, It's not like i'm living here or...." her eyes widened and she shook her head. "No, no, no, no, no.... what about...." she had totally forgotten that her parents had died in a car crash three years ago. She grimaced as she relived the pictures the policeman had cruely showed to her. Blood, gore... It had given her nightmares for a year. She sighed, "Look, I don't even know you." He looked back at her and gave her a look. "Would you rather stay out here, in the sweltering heat with bugs and who knows what else?" Panic flooded her. She had been abandoned once, she couldn't handle it happening again. She jumped off the bed and ran to be beside him as he walked down the hill.

     "Hold on tight." he said quickly, grabbing her around her waist and suddenly we were in a room filled with the monsters in her dreams. Some cackled with laughter, some waved at her and others settled on throwing food at her. Jareth blocked every bit of food thrown and glared at the goblins who did it. He smiled and said, "Yeah, I think you'll like it here." Her jaw dropped as she saw goblins spitting, grabbing chickens and hitting each other. How would she ever like it here? Jareth showed her to her room and her jaw dropped for the completely opposite reason it did before. The room was spectacular, covered in purple and black, goblin masks littered the walls and it was 5 times bigger then her last room. It was breath taking, she couldn't wait to lay on the silk pillows and feel the velvet. Jareth came out of the closet with a dress and a necklace, "We're having dinner in 10 minutes." he smiled and walked out the door. Lily fell back onto the cushions and took in the silk. She looked at the dress he picked out and her breath got caught in her throat. It was as beautiful as the room... with rhinestones! She put on the dress and necklace, topaz stones that went beautifully with her outfit and went to dine with the Goblin King. 



© 2011 Rhena Le Roi


Author's Note

Rhena Le Roi
There is a bit of an over lap in their stories but, I assure you, they are exactly the same.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Change from 1 year to 3 years :]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 3, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Rhena Le Roi
Rhena Le Roi

Plastic Beach, Middle of Nowhere, Chile



About
There are a few things you should know about me: 1) I am unpredictable. 2) I have a great sense of imagination and humor. 3) There are somethings in this world I believe in that other people don't e.. more..

Writing