The Goblin Rescue

The Goblin Rescue

A Chapter by Rhena Le Roi

    Rhena raced out into the open area in front of the castle. She spotted Grible, sweeping the steps and smiled. At least he was someone who could help. She ran up to him, whipping blood away from her nose, "Jareth has been captured! You need to help me get him back!" she panted. Grible looked at her for a moment then at the ground, "I can't, remember? I'm just a lowly servant now." As he said this he turned his back to her. She grabbed him and spun him around to get face to face with him. "Now listen, I wasn't suggesting you help me, I was ORDERING you to help me. Now get your helmet on and follow me." she said stuffing his helmet on his head and pulling him towards the castle gates. He looked surprised at first, being ordered by someone who was not the King.

    He pulled his hand away and walked back to his spot on the steps. Rhena looked at him disappointed and started walking herself. "Wait!" she heard a shout behind her. Grible came back, helmet on and sword in hand. "I forgot my sword. You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun now, did you?" he chuckled and ran beside her to the castle door. As they passed through the Goblin City, many goblins joined in on their attack to save their king, armed with pitchforks, knives and other weapons/kitchenware.

    Rhena lead the group toward the castle, flying high not only so the goblins knew where they were going but so she could watch for any sign of a threat to Jareth's life. Grible lead the ground group in a massive rampage, leaving nothing the way it was, stealing anything sharp or deadly from nearby houses. They approached the castle doors, goblins charging into it and cannons shooting at it. The Guard Goblin in front of the doors shouted, "Why don't you just ask to have me open it?" The goblins looked around sheepishly while Rhena up above, shook her head in disbelief.

    The Guard Goblin opened the door and the goblins raced in, flooding the hallway with wicked laughter and yelling. Rhena chose the scenic route and flew through a window in the tower. She ran up the stairs, goblins sprinting at her tail. She bust through the door, to find Lily sleeping, her arms wrapped tightly around the cage Jareth was in. Jareth hooted softly with big eyes as Rhena pried Lily's arms away from the cage door. Jareth flew out quietly and landed on the floor. Turning back to his human form, he hugged Rhena and turned to the goblins who scuttled down the stairs silently, all except for one goblin who fell down a flight of stairs but, quickly recovered.

    Jareth looked down on Lily, frowning and shaking his head, his hand over his mouth. "What shall we do with her, love? Should we throw her off the tower? Or could I possibly turn her into a fly?" Even Rhena chuckled at this suggestion. "Okay, just this once I will let you turn her into a... hmm... a mouse. Let's see how she likes being trapped in a cage." she said with a smirk. Jareth waved his hands, making a crystal ball appear out of thin air. Rhena smiled as he threw it at Lily and a cloud of silver glitter surrounded her. She chuckled as the glitter cleared and instead of a sleeping girl, a tiny brown mouse lay on the pillow, curled in a ball. Jareth waved his hand and a cage made of stainless steel appeared on a nearby table. Jareth placed the mouse inside the cage.


© 2011 Rhena Le Roi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on March 29, 2011
Last Updated on March 29, 2011


Author

Rhena Le Roi
Rhena Le Roi

Plastic Beach, Middle of Nowhere, Chile



About
There are a few things you should know about me: 1) I am unpredictable. 2) I have a great sense of imagination and humor. 3) There are somethings in this world I believe in that other people don't e.. more..

Writing