Believeablity

Believeablity

A Story by Rhena Le Roi
"

I know this is not necessarily a word but, hey, I just made it up, so HA!

"
What do you believe?
Do you believe in unicorns or dragons?
Do you believe that someday, an alien spaceship will abduct you and they will make you their king?
Or are you the spoiled sport kind who doesn't believe anything?
Do you believe in Big Foot, Nessie or the Beavcoon?
Do you think the man of your dreams will come and rescue you from your sorry pitiful life?
Or do you believe that you will have the strength and bravery to conquer anything to save the woman you love?
What makes all these things non-believable or believable?
Just because you haven't seen or touched something or it hasn't been done before doesn't mean you can't do it and it's non-believable.
It means that only the true believers can do it.
I'll use myself as an example, I believe in many things that if I listed them here, I would be taken to an insane asylum and locked away forever, by the non-believers.
But, to myself, I truly believe that my knight in feathered armor, platinum blonde hair and tight pants will fly up and save me from the horrible creatures surrounding me.
I believe that if I wish every night, that someday, he will come and take me to his castle to live with him for all eternity.
I bet you money that before the chicken was discovered, nobody even thought of a creature with feathers and a beak, that couldn't fly and was good to eat.
I bet the people who first thought of it were called crazy but, look at them now... they're dead. :/ But at least they got their point across. :)
So the question is... what do you believe?

© 2011 Rhena Le Roi


Author's Note

Rhena Le Roi
Yes, I know. If you haven't guessed it yet I was talking about Jareth the Goblin King. And truly, give me somethings that you believe in that normal would fly with other people. And yes, that was a reference to iCarly, and yes, I do believe in the beavcoon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011

Author

Rhena Le Roi
Rhena Le Roi

Plastic Beach, Middle of Nowhere, Chile



About
There are a few things you should know about me: 1) I am unpredictable. 2) I have a great sense of imagination and humor. 3) There are somethings in this world I believe in that other people don't e.. more..

Writing