Returning and updating everyone

Returning and updating everyone

A Story by Rhiannon Dragonraine

Ah Finally I have returned to my connection to people who aren't around me me. Right now I am trying to think of when the last time I was on line was...Damn either it has been a long time or my memory is failing me. Either way we are back in Missouri now- have the house completely set up and are getting back to  somewhat of a routine and getting use to having each other around(Alot changes in 2 years; and yet somethings never do.)

The trip out here was in a word: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!- Kansas seemed to be entirely covered in fog and so it took longer than normal to get out here- and I don't really  mind driving in a light fog but this was fairly heavy which made it -FUN! But we made it safe and sound, so it's all good.

We did end up with out our stuff for a week- the time line got off somewhere and exactly what we were trying to avoid happened, but it is  okay you get pissed off and then move on and learn to live with it- pretty sure it won't be the last time that happens.

I finally get to make dinner- I never thought I would look forward to that but not being able to do it for over a month changes that really quickly- it is ever so nice to have food in the house and be able to just grab it instead of having to drive some where to get it before anything.

Overall  life is good there were a few surprises when our stuff got here; quite a bit of stress before we were done unpacking, but now we are set up the house-which most of you know that I was worrying about isn't bad at all-  It's comfortable and looks nice and what's more it is "Our" home which makes it better. The neighborhood is quiet- well except for ATV night on Friday's and Saturdays. Most of our neighbors are Marines, though right across from us is another Army family that I am so stoked I met- They are awesome and Anthony and I get along with them so well.

I have met quite a few new people and I am enjoying that- though I keep all of my close friends dear to me still- I am liking getting to know other people. Surprisingly in sleeply little St. Robert I have been busier than I ever was in the Springs! But it definitely makes time go by.

Yesterday we celebrated Anthony's Birthday by having friends over and it was a nice evening. The Cake(which most of you heard about) went over well though Anthony said that he is worried now!LOL! We have lots of stuff to do and I am emersing myself in research for a paper I am writing- I think I have come up with a pretty awesome idea that I can expand on but I don't want to jinx it so I won't go into more detail.

I hope that everyone is doing okay and that I get to hear from you now that I have internet again please send me a message or two when you have the time

© 2008 Rhiannon Dragonraine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

glad to see you back!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Welcome back hon!!! Missed you around here - am glad that everything worked out in the end anyway - even if the journey was eventful - come on! you know you would have been bored with smooth sailing anyway lol. Good to see you again - send me your stuff when you get back into posting!!!

*hugs*

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2008

Author

Rhiannon Dragonraine
Rhiannon Dragonraine

Waynesville, MO



About
I am a person who is on a journey to discover who and what they are. Everyday brings new surprises and ideas and I love that about life; the constant change used to scare me but now I am moving beyon.. more..

Writing