30 Days Of Sesome: The First Four

30 Days Of Sesome: The First Four

A Story by Rhiuna_Rya
"

Using a 30 day challenge I answer questions and write small excerpts in Sesome's point of view.

"

1.)    1.) Describe your character’s relationship with their mother or their father, or both. Was it good? Bad? Were they spoiled rotten, ignored? Do they still get along now, or no?


(At 24 years old) Sesome’s relationship with his parents currently is non-existent. He was ‘raised’ by his mother while his father either does not know he exists, or vaguely aware and has not attempted to reach out to Sesome. Sesome would not be able to turn his mother away, having a deep love for her, but the situation was toxic enough his life was in danger several time between negligence and willful abuse. If his father reached out to him…


It was an unassuming letter at first, a white long envelope. It was not a bill, an advertisement, or a notice, that was the first thing that marked it as suspicious. The closer he studied the more attributes marked it strange. Initials where the name would normally be, a company, and the companies address. Yet, it was hand written in neat cursive that was slightly difficult for Sesome to read at first. A large dip in the bed informed him Shisa had joined him, the quiet pit bull resting his large grey head near his leg, expectantly. Carefully opening the letter, peeling away the back flap Sesome felt his heart beat slowly rising. Something felt strange, not wrong though. Inside, was a simple typed piece of paper, nearly folded into thirds. The letter started out with just his first name, and the content Sesome did not have to read twice to understand. His father had contacted him, or at least his supposed father. Neither of them could truly be sure, but why now? Absently petting Shisa, he tried to wrap his mind over the concept. A father was nothing Sesome had yearned for, never expected to have one until he was in school. He already knew having a mother like Cherry was not normal, and the plenty of male influence never had the little boy asking for another random man to come into his life. At the same time, there was nothing to be lost by meeting a stranger.


2.) What are your characters most prominent physical features?

I would say as a creator it would be his eyes because I feel they are what he focuses on


Green eyes stared back at him from the fogged mirror, to study one’s own eyes, one could not see the rest of the face. Sesome could forget about the scar running down his eye or even the bags that bruised eight beneath the green orbs. The one thing consistent throughout his appearance, skin changing hue with exposure, hair easily cut or grown out, and his height and weight. Everything fluctuated except the never yielding green staring back at him, taking up his entire attention.

3.)    

Name one scar your character has, and tell us where it came from. If they don’t have any, is there a reason?  

As touched on before, Sesome has a large scar running down his left eye from just above his eye brow that extends to the top of his cheek. The scar is debated to come from a high impact car accident or results of abuse- Sesome cannot remember.


“I always thought people were shocked when they looked at me because they could tell I was not nor- Not used to being out,” the raven haired male explained. Green eyes now and then looking over at the man with the scratching pen. “You say that as if your assumption was incorrect,” the Dr. said, eyes warm although strangely objective. Sesome had gotten used to it by now as well as all the other types of doctors. “I was still enough for others to ask me about my scar,” Sesome answered he was trying to add a smile to the end. It was a sign to signal he was not distressed, but it came off more forced than he meant to. His conversation cues were getting somewhat better though.

 “What do you tell them?”

“That I was in a crash when I was small,”

“Is that a lie?”

“It’s neither a lie nor definite explicate truth,”

“How s

“Because the blatant truth is that I can’t remember when it appeared or how.”

4.)    How vain is your character? Do they find themselves attractive? 

I do not consider Sesome vain, he does his best to look decent because of a life time ritual. He is aware that people find him attractive, but overall I think he is rather disassociated with himself.

 

Every day she is with me. Cherry, my mother. Whether I feel as if I can turn around and she will be staring at me, and others she is with me subconsciously. Meticulously choosing outfits, viewing myself almost as a doll to dress. When I put moisturizer and wash my face, when all I want to do is sleep. Everything perfectly kept in check from my skin to belly button. I always have to be ready, always appealing to an eye. Even now that I don’t, even now when I am free from her. Yet still, she is alive through my rituals preparing her doll even when she is gone, and the doll goes unused.  

© 2015 Rhiuna_Rya


Author's Note

Rhiuna_Rya
Comments and critiques or thoughts are loved always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015
Tags: challenge, sesome, 30 days, thirty days

Author

Rhiuna_Rya
Rhiuna_Rya

Dyer, AR



About
Hello, I am pretty amateur when it comes to writing by myself, and usually need an editor or /have yet to find that/. Having a type of dysgraphia did not help what so ever, but through literate ro.. more..

Writing
Talking Talking

A Story by Rhiuna_Rya


Wooden Box Wooden Box

A Story by Rhiuna_Rya