Who Am I?

Who Am I?

A Story by Richard Anthony Goulart

    A question that everyone seeks yet none find the answer to.  Are we the ones that step aside as you see that criminal running down the street with that lady's purse?  Or are we the ones that will take off after him and get that lady's purse back?  Who are we? 
    That question echoes in the back of everyone's head most of the time and ask yourself. If the facade that we put up is really what we wish people to remember us by.  Should we allow that same facade that were are questioning to be brought down so that our true light may shine or shall we show the true person inside or is that so hard to do as we are so used to the irregular fight that we display.
    Are you a coward or are you brave?  Can you fight this war as yourself or must you put on that mask again to take plight among your soldiers as that man that will lead them today?  Will this play out right or will the facade bring you down once more?
    So who am I?  I Richard have determined who I am and now it is your turn, so decide before it destroys you.

© 2011 Richard Anthony Goulart


Author's Note

Richard Anthony Goulart
Tell me what I can improve.
Thanks to Shep2 this piece is even better than the original. :-2

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very strong piece. I could feel the emotions and what you are trying to convey. Awesome write. I will email my findings to you in hopes that it will help. Is there a particular Story or novel you want me to read or do you want me to go down the list. Please feel free to email me. I hope this helps.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sounds good to me...A good question for us all to answer...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like this, raw and invoking! We should never give up thinking who we are! It is a quest, no doubt about it but needed! Love this! xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story poses a good question on courage. i think you can expand on this a little more. Try to build more imagery it will make you story more effective and in depth. One thing you could do is do research on soldiers who been in battle of firefighters fighting a blaze. They can give your insight on how people become courageous in extreme circumstances. One book you should look is Crane's Red Badge of Courage. For inspiration you can check out Hamlet's "To be or Not to be" solloquy where the main character, Hamlet, asks himself is it easier to face agony of extreme obstacles or is it just easier to die. Remember courage is a complex feeling and varies between people and situations. Good Luck.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great write, nicely laid:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a strong piece. I could definitley sense the emotions and it made me take a look at myself and wonder who I am.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting and intriguing write. I loved this leaving the reader to ponder who we really are. Nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well done, you expressed a powerful message in such a short piece. I truly enjoy these pieces that make look at your whole life. Kudos.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You really call us out here, huh? Nice job.

Run through it one more time; you still have a few minmal errors with grammar. This is a trully amazing story, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this a powerful piece and asks a very important question "who are we?"

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like anything which provokes thought and especially self analytical thought. you did a wonderful job doing just that. don't change a thing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

966 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on October 7, 2011

Author

Richard Anthony Goulart
Richard Anthony Goulart

Little Rock, AR



About
HEY!!!!! The name is Richard and I am a straight goof. I play and goof around at everything that I do and I wont stop it no matter what. Many, many times people have told me that I play too much an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flutter Flutter

A Poem by Joe Palmer