Awoken

Awoken

A Story by Richard Anthony Goulart
"

This was brought on by an immense amount of emotional pain.

"
Disconcerted and emotionally distraught.  You have won the war that we have fought for ever.  My will has finally broken.  Tragically drove to the depths of my own mind, the only voices I know hear are the ones inside my head.  No one understanding that I fought with my all, never wanted a war, knew I couldn't win yet still you persisted.  Where am I to go now that I have no where to rest my weary head.  No one there to catch my head on shoulders that understand.  No one that will allow me to cry unabated.  My mind ponders everything and shows all failure.  You were to win, to break me down, hold me down and destroy me.  Strip me of my will and fight to keep me a no one.  Now you have won and I am the no one that you have created.  An author I cannot be, and a military hero I'll never get to attempt.  Where was the love that I needed and why do I feel so alone.  What can I do to hold on, when there is no handholds that will hold my weight and the weight of the immense pain that is mine.  You have won, I have lost.  Every friend I have ad has left and are no where to be found.  Where am I to go?

© 2011 Richard Anthony Goulart


Author's Note

Richard Anthony Goulart
Please I can handle the truth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very sad poem from such a young person. You have not lost because you have your whole life before you and you have not lost because you have the ability to express yourself as a writer.And I don`t believe that it is a simple as winning or losing, it`s mostly a kind of mixture.You write well,look forward to reading a lot more....Who says you have no friends ?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sad. Well written. ... I think you are a great writer. If it counts.
I feel like this more often than I should. Just sayin'.
Hope you feel better soon. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2011
Last Updated on December 12, 2011

Author

Richard Anthony Goulart
Richard Anthony Goulart

Little Rock, AR



About
HEY!!!!! The name is Richard and I am a straight goof. I play and goof around at everything that I do and I wont stop it no matter what. Many, many times people have told me that I play too much an.. more..

Writing