America

America

A Story by Richard Anthony Goulart
"

Just a little something

"
The world has been dying as we throw our waste into the river without a care for what is right.  You see a man waste a drink because he is full, the kid outside the window staring at it hungrily.  The man sees this and feels nothing as he chunks that wasted drink and half eaten burger into the garbage.  Where has humanity gone when you can see this and not stand up for it.  You are to judge someone because of financial problems?  That makes you sick.  You see the garbage compost fill to the brim and than right on over and yet we cannot do anything about it.  We burn through our oil faster than we can produce it and yet we have no problem.  We fight a war but do not have the money to support it.  Where has the great American culture gone?  They people in Congress tax the low class almost twenty percent of our hard worked paychecks as the rich live lavishly with the ten percent tax meaning nothing to them.  They work harder than us and that's why they do not get taxed so heavily?  That's the biggest joke in history, as they sit around watching the chaos and we struggle to make ends meet.  We work twice harder than anyone of them and yet most of our money goes to the government so they can do what?  Fund a war that we should have been finished with a decade ago?   Again where has America gone!!!

© 2012 Richard Anthony Goulart


Author's Note

Richard Anthony Goulart
I have been thinking about expanding on this one as it is something that I hold close to my heart. Tell me if you think that I should.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

damn man this is deep and true

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Go for Richard! Exspand this piece, you brought how great points in this! sorry it took me so long to read it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha,this is an enjoying piece
=]

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like someone who takes a stand and reminds us to consider the rest of mankind, thought provoking. Thank you

Posted 11 Years Ago


When I read these words I admire your idealism, your youth, your love of justice and concern for your country. I see myself ,many years ago, with the anger of youth at unfairness, waste and greed.Good writing, keep angry and don`t believe that things can never change, because young people like you can do it.....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012

Author

Richard Anthony Goulart
Richard Anthony Goulart

Little Rock, AR



About
HEY!!!!! The name is Richard and I am a straight goof. I play and goof around at everything that I do and I wont stop it no matter what. Many, many times people have told me that I play too much an.. more..

Writing