Letter No. 4

Letter No. 4

A Story by RibhyMay
"

Today I hate you.

"

Hello, Old Friend.

I am going to start this letter by being selfish. I hope you don't mind, but to be honest, today I absolutely hate you, so buckle up. 
You left me. You left me behind in this world with it's pitiful politics and it's coldness spreading like the East Wind, but more importantly, you left me alone. How f*****g dare you. I don't care that you're gone, we both knew that day was going to come eventually, but you left me alone in this world and I hate you for it. I have made isolation my friend, but do you realise how hard it is to make a friend in something so parasitical, so above my own being that I resorted to becoming a shell of myself? Of course you don't. I have screamed, and I have shouted, but none of that is going to bring you back, so I don't even open my mouth to speak much these days. You left me alone in this world, when I was at rock bottom, and I didn't think I could fall any further, yet here we are. I've been beaten and knocked down so many times, but now I am uncertain how much more I have left in the tank before the referee calls knockout, and I am carried off on a stretcher. You left me, all alone, and i don't think I can forgive you for it.
This is not to say, old friend, that this little spat is permanent. Today I hate you, and oh God do I hate you. But tomorrow? Who knows. I think, dear friend, you have just got to let me hate you for a while. Let me be angry. Let me scream and shout until my throat is raw. Let me sob and let me hurt. Let me heal.
Remember me, for we shall meet again.
Me.

© 2017 RibhyMay


Author's Note

RibhyMay
Needed to let off some steam.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017

Author

RibhyMay
RibhyMay

Devon, United Kingdom



About
- Unconventional Writer. - One of Britain's most average specimens. - Socially inept. - Has good days and bad days. - Likes crap telly and hot beverages. - Is somewhat musical. - Life ambition:.. more..

Writing
Paper Cuts. Paper Cuts.

A Poem by RibhyMay