How to Make A Child

How to Make A Child

A Poem by Richard Bachman

               A spelling bee champion, who cannot spell her own name; a man choking, because his tie is too tight; a child prodigy who cannot talk, and a girl running with a child in her belly- that’s we call “trial and let’s not try to do this again”.

               A few mutual mistakes, while vanity and desire open up wounds, letting the salt in from the cold.

“I love you,” she says.

“I miss you. Will you take me back?”

He replies, “I’m gay. Sorry.”

               A hate that cannot be beat- synthetic love sizzling in young lover’s hearts, and men saying, “Pull this,” makes everything so sweet.

               Married men have sex with other married men, while their wives are apparently working.

“I know that you’re lying,” she says.

“I’m not, I promise you.”

“Then why were you just in the restroom with another girl?”

“Coincidence,” he says.

               Fathers scream at their little girls: “Don’t be a martyr you stupid little girl!” she replies, “I thought I was being careful! I didn’t mean to, honestly!”

               A father’s heart-broken, while the mother roars in a melodramatic hysteria.

“I know you were having sex with that tramp!” she continues.

He replies, “Jesus Christ! Will you shut the hell up already?”

               She sobs, and he walks away.

“I’m pregnant with your baby!” she screams.

               Everyone looks.

“What? How can that be?”

“I don’t know! Why don’t you ask that thing in your pants?”

“I’m out of here!”

               Dreams become victims of decapitation, while people in line hurry to write them all down on a pad with a pen, running out of ink.

               Children as young as six, learn how to love, while their parents argue, “I hate you!” “Well, I never loved you, either!” “Look at you, you’re lying to yourself!” he looks at the floor and says, “fu- fu- screw you!”

               He walks out. We’ll never see him again.

                Teens impregnated at sixteen, married by eighteen, and divorced finalized before they walked out of the church.

“I hope you suffer for this!” she screams, and continues “Suffer! I hope you suffer you sack of s**t! Suffer!”

               She falls to the ground, red in the face; tears act like glue, causing her hair to stick to her face, while a man walks up to her and says, “I can make it all better.”

               Nine months later, she’s picking garbage cans for food, while her new lover took her baby, and was never seen again.

                               

© 2010 Richard Bachman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010

Author

Richard Bachman
Richard Bachman

Phoenix, AZ



About
I'm a Freshman at The University of Arizona. I'm a pre-pharD student, and I figured I'd share some of my writings. I'm interested in classics and poetry. My favorite poet is Sylvia Plath, but I don't.. more..

Writing
Edge Edge

A Poem by Richard Bachman