J'ai Tué Ma Mère

J'ai Tué Ma Mère

A Poem by Richard Bachman

I sat on the couch for an hour wondering, "Why can't I watch J'ai Tué Ma Mère without getting a tingle in my hands. But then I thought about the two souls, desire and destination, and the two bodies between them, and smiled for a change.

 

I could tell you now, I still haven't come clean. I could walk around with tits out and pants down, and she still wouldn't know. Does that make me a bad person? I'd hope not. I'm only doing it for her. I mean, I wouldn't want to do anything rash (J'ai Tué Ma Mère).

 

She'd kill me if she found out, because I'd be to slow to get her at the punch line. But let's be real, a boy with a pretty tan and a pink narricistic attitude, I can fool 'em all. Now, don't get me wrong. I play football, and I shoot guns better than a Conservative, but I still have my moments at the stores...especially in the men's department and the mall in general. Ask me a question...anything! I'd dare you. I could name any brand or any style, but I wouldn't dare let anyone know. That'd be the end of me.

 

I would die at the stakes wearing my football uniform over my pretty pink princess dress that I thought I would wear to prom. But I can't tell, and I can't let it out. It's my secret...even though my sister knows. That b***h. She pulled it out of me like she always does. I'm surprised she didn't get her last husband as a slave in the divorce. But I stay around because I need a mentor.

 

Show me how to tease them! Show me how to work it all out! But privately. I can't risk anyone knowing. It'd be a sad day when gays were burned as books as the Nazi's did to the Jews. Americans would lose part of their culture. A sad chasm...let's find someone else to make fun of.

 

But I won't tell; can't tell you my secret, the part that makes me a horrible person and a bad son. I have to be what I was intended to be, and nothing else but the absolute extreme of the intention. I will give you your grandchildren, and your daughter-in-law, and a perfect place to come visit. I'll stick to the plan--college and fun in the sun with every man at the fraternity house (tasteful, of course). I'll make friends and contacts for when my wife isn't home and she's vacationing with the children in France. I'll be at work, paying for it all. No! Don't worry, I'll be just fine, sticking to the plan, tits out and pants down when you all aren't looking.

 

No, depression can't happen, and my secret must stay in. I'm pretty in pink and loving every moment I can show it with my bedroom door shut. I still can't watch this movie, with a tingle. I still don't know why. But for now, I will seperate desire and destination, only letting the two bodies enjoy each other's company.

© 2010 Richard Bachman


Author's Note

Richard Bachman
J'ai Tué Ma Mère is a French film, and means I Killed My Mother. I hope you enjoy it. Review and ask questions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a sad tale, and one that is echoed I am sure worldwide, so many people trapped, rather than coming out, and facing the risk of losing family and friends, pretty in pink reminds me of transvestite's, and the need to prove all is normal by marrying, having children, etc, a very strong piece, really enjoyed it, but saddened by prejudice and society..........great title!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a sad tale, and one that is echoed I am sure worldwide, so many people trapped, rather than coming out, and facing the risk of losing family and friends, pretty in pink reminds me of transvestite's, and the need to prove all is normal by marrying, having children, etc, a very strong piece, really enjoyed it, but saddened by prejudice and society..........great title!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 2, 2010
Last Updated on July 2, 2010

Author

Richard Bachman
Richard Bachman

Phoenix, AZ



About
I'm a Freshman at The University of Arizona. I'm a pre-pharD student, and I figured I'd share some of my writings. I'm interested in classics and poetry. My favorite poet is Sylvia Plath, but I don't.. more..

Writing
Edge Edge

A Poem by Richard Bachman