Sweet Dreams and Early Morning Kisses

Sweet Dreams and Early Morning Kisses

A Story by Rich Lampani
"

Story about stuff

"

I reached out and you were gone again, so I waited. I waited for you to come back to me. In this empty house on top of this lonely hill I waited for you to come back and tell me that everything would be alright. I waited for you to be real. My eyes close, heavy with sleep. There you are again, laughing and running through the field. Why cant I bring you back with me? I know this will end soon and everything begins to fade as the suns evil touch penetrates my blinds and my eyelids can no longer keep out the light.
I walked through the dream of my real life that day, thinking about you and the way you make me feel. I'm happy when I'm with you, I feel no pain. Why cant there be someone like you in this world. I've drawn you. I've made sweet love to you. I've composed a thousand stories and a thousand songs; all dedicated to the way you push your hair behind your ear. Your little quirks make my heart run faster, and I know how many times you chew your food before you swallow, but I've never met you. Just the idea of you.
When we meet, will you have thought about me as much as I've thought about you? Will you have dreamt of me, and sat up at night looking at the stars, wondering when I would come along and end your loneliness forever? How will I know you? Will I ask too many questions and scare you away? Will I show enough interest in you so that you don't look for me somewhere else? Will I have to scream at you that I'm the one, or will you know?
Back to sleep, to think about you. Back to the sweet sweet embrace of my dream, and to happiness. How was your day? Did someone make you happy today? I will. I will and I will. We made dinner together tonight. We cooked and laughed at each other because the takeout we ordered was better. We made love. Maybe later we can move out of the apartment we love and build a house. Maybe we can have kids. That's important to me is it important to you? Did I need to ask, since we're so perfect for each other?
I wake and walk through the dream of my real life again. I think about my dreams. I walk around the corner of my life and into the day. I see someone I think I know. I approach her with a strange confidence, she smiles.

"Hi," I say with a sly smile.
"Hello," she replies, with a wicked grin.

© 2010 Rich Lampani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010

Author

Rich Lampani
Rich Lampani

Grand Rapids, MI



About
******DISCLAIMER********* I am me. I write for me and I hope you can find something that you enjoy. I like to pretend to be a poet but my heart is laid down in my stories. I love to write. It's like .. more..