An Unparalleled Narcissist

An Unparalleled Narcissist

A Story by RileyRedding

We're at a club, this could be anywhere.

Someone cue control of the space-time continuum.

Now pause, let me paint this picture for you.

I'm standing at about the height of your average NBA center.

My hair is that perfect length between messy, and well groomed and it's just a touch darker than sandy-blonde.

Sitting perfectly upon my wrist is a Jaeger-LeCoultre. A watch that cost more than your sugar daddies car.

Every girl here is eying me like I'm a chocolate-cake, and they just started their period.

I'm feeling amped from the coke, and the testosterone in my system.

Hard-bodies from every corner of this dwelling, slink their way over, to the tune of Drake singing "Just hold on we're going home."

I don't want a high-horse. I want a skyscraper-podium. I want to stand as a titan, looking down at all the insects.

I want girls to beg. I want boys to bow. I want to be worshiped.

The turritopsis nutricula, "immortal jellyfish," is thought to virtually be able to live forever. It can revert aging through a process called
transdifferentiation, changing itself cellularly to keep from dying of age.

God's greatest gift, laid waste to a beast, that will never amount to more than a gelatinous blob.

Preservation of body doesn't necessitate legacy though.

What's carved in stone is little more than a stick drawing lines in the sand.

In fifty years, Facebook will just be a collective obituary.

We are simply, a complex arrangement of organized stardust, that is empowered to perceive universal creation, our very own existence, and are inevitable return to said stardust.

We're a micro-fraction of the universe experiencing itself, and still I want so much more than that.








© 2015 RileyRedding


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You painted a clear picture my friend :) LOL

This is very good and chocolate cake, My Favorite! hahah

I honestly love chocolate though at one point in my life I wasn't allowed to eat it... I did still

"What a rebel" LOL

anyways, this is an excellent piece :p

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

No problem LOL :D
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

haha. I'm going to save Riley from this misery of having me comment on everything... Au Revoir!
The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

hahaha.....



Reviews

This is original work, a prose poem with touches of Burroughs, lots of good ideas

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very well said. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I don't know if it was supposed to have a beat to it, but it definitely did in my head as I read this. This would be amazing spoken word slam poetry type poem.
Anyways, great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


To me this is not qute surreal. It has points of reality. Not a story. Not an essay exactly. A message.

THe last sentence gives it meaning.



Posted 9 Years Ago


This piece is brilliant, pointed and concise. I enjoyed it immensely. However, methinks has already eloquently answered the question you almost ask; Why?
For what would nature want with the likes of us, we who "want girls to beg and boys to bow" (great line) and, to be worshipped? Our reward is certain death, the best way to erase our errors and eventually our efforts, all on our own side for our own sake and opposed to the universe.
And, the blob? A consortium of organs, joined in joyful cooperation, wanting nothing but to drift and survive, wanting what life wants and, grateful for all it has. Grateful, being the opposite of greed, is much like humble being the opposite of hubris and, provokes my question; is being a "micro-fraction of the universe experiencing itself" not more than enough?

Posted 9 Years Ago


RileyRedding

8 Years Ago

It's a critique in line with humanistic absurdism. How one with such universal knowledge of human me.. read more
The title and the first half clearly belong together but the second half (minus the last line) stuck me more like a scientist pondering things that have been on his mind. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this piece as a whole.

Posted 9 Years Ago


what a fascinating way of saying it .. i was hooked start to finish .. so for me .. well done says i .. this line stands out like vomit on candy canes ...
"Every girl here is eying me like I'm a chocolate-cake, and they just started their period."
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! i don't think i want to know any more about that :}
its a surprise ending .. almost anti-climactic ... did not see it coming .. nice one tho .. sound wisdom of ones place in this cosmos ... and ... like i say it kept me hooked all the way ...
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, perfect representation of a narcissist. I enjoyed reading, very much. I especially like how you got very philosophical and technical in the last two paragraphs. Great work, really.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a great description of a narcissist. That there is nothing that will ever be good enough for them. I loved this. And the line about Facebook being a collective obituary in 50 years is completely right on and such an image. Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words.
Fascinating piece of poetry, how you got narcissism, chocolate cake and jellyfish to jive in one setting is as ironic as the immortal jellyfish story itself....and I thought Farcebook was already a collective obituary. Amazing stuff here. Nice watch by the way...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1321 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 14, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015

Author

RileyRedding
RileyRedding

Portland, OR



About
Hello, My name is Riley Redding. I'm a twenty-three year old hailing from the Great Pacific Northwest. I'm the author of several works of transgressive fiction. I write in a minimalistic style of sati.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


breakdown breakdown

A Poem by ANTO


Sleepless Sleepless

A Poem by MsJewel