An Unparalleled Narcissist

An Unparalleled Narcissist

A Story by RileyRedding

We're at a club, this could be anywhere.

Someone cue control of the space-time continuum.

Now pause, let me paint this picture for you.

I'm standing at about the height of your average NBA center.

My hair is that perfect length between messy, and well groomed and it's just a touch darker than sandy-blonde.

Sitting perfectly upon my wrist is a Jaeger-LeCoultre. A watch that cost more than your sugar daddies car.

Every girl here is eying me like I'm a chocolate-cake, and they just started their period.

I'm feeling amped from the coke, and the testosterone in my system.

Hard-bodies from every corner of this dwelling, slink their way over, to the tune of Drake singing "Just hold on we're going home."

I don't want a high-horse. I want a skyscraper-podium. I want to stand as a titan, looking down at all the insects.

I want girls to beg. I want boys to bow. I want to be worshiped.

The turritopsis nutricula, "immortal jellyfish," is thought to virtually be able to live forever. It can revert aging through a process called
transdifferentiation, changing itself cellularly to keep from dying of age.

God's greatest gift, laid waste to a beast, that will never amount to more than a gelatinous blob.

Preservation of body doesn't necessitate legacy though.

What's carved in stone is little more than a stick drawing lines in the sand.

In fifty years, Facebook will just be a collective obituary.

We are simply, a complex arrangement of organized stardust, that is empowered to perceive universal creation, our very own existence, and are inevitable return to said stardust.

We're a micro-fraction of the universe experiencing itself, and still I want so much more than that.








© 2015 RileyRedding


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You painted a clear picture my friend :) LOL

This is very good and chocolate cake, My Favorite! hahah

I honestly love chocolate though at one point in my life I wasn't allowed to eat it... I did still

"What a rebel" LOL

anyways, this is an excellent piece :p

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

No problem LOL :D
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

haha. I'm going to save Riley from this misery of having me comment on everything... Au Revoir!
The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

hahaha.....



Reviews

At the last line, you say "we're a micro-fraction of the universe experiencing itself, and still I want so much more than that. To continue, What are all the things you want so much more I wonder?

I love what you predict about the Facebook Social Media app, people have gone so crazy over it, it is a wonder what it will be when we are old and gray, if we are not already,

I had never heard that about the Jellyfish; it reminds me of the way my skin seems to rejuvenate, depending on diet, on a weekly basis, then I have to exfoliate,

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

"At the last line, you say "we're a micro-fraction of the universe experiencing itself, and still I .. read more
Firstly, let me say I am astounded that I wasn't the first to review... oh well life is unfair, and always will be. Now that I got that out of the way...

Dearest Riley, your work is completely surreal. Never have I ever came across anyone who writes in your style. Why do you think I subscribed to you? Yeah... it's rare I subscribe to people on here. Haha!

My favorite line (which cracked me up):

"Every girl here is eyeing me like I'm a chocolate-cake, and they just started their period."

I can so see you being funnier than Chris Tucker!




Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

Maybe a bit ;)

Only at the lack of attention. (Scout's honor)
Afraa

9 Years Ago

Cutie you are! :P
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

XD yeah, I can't call Riley a cutie because it's be weird since I'm younger then him lol
It's good. I liked the theme. You would want to aim it at a more sophisticated reader not your average Joe. Most of them wouldn't understand the big words and would have to turn to google every few words. But there are some good lines. and some good thoughts and I'd like to see you flesh it out more. be more descriptive.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

I try my best to provide outlandish facts so extreme, and enticing, that even if you find they go ov.. read more
...and yet that very beast, the one that will never amount to anything more than a gelatinous blob, will outlive the vertically gifted, fancy watch wearing titan. If I believed in a god, I'd guess he wasn't too fond of the human race, haha.

Good write up, I'm guessing narcissists are a great topic of interest for you?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

I'm fascinated by all things abnormal, and divergent.
:) that's why I crave chocolate cake!
Yes, I googled the immortal jellyfish.

"God's greatest gift, laid waste to a beast, that will never amount to more than a gelatinous blob."
That's a brilliant line in the context of the story because you could be talking about either the fish or the man.

"What's carved in stone is little more than a stick drawing lines in the sand."
Powerful line, puts the big picture in perspective.

This was a great story Riley, really left me feeling like such a small part of this big picture thinking, reminding me how little I really know, and have experienced.

And that tall guys with nice watches are not worth my time.




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

Oh it's because I'm so unoriginal that even my comments are copy pasted. (This sites on to me.)
read more
RileyRedding

9 Years Ago

I really have no clue.
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

lol...... :)

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1321 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 14, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015

Author

RileyRedding
RileyRedding

Portland, OR



About
Hello, My name is Riley Redding. I'm a twenty-three year old hailing from the Great Pacific Northwest. I'm the author of several works of transgressive fiction. I write in a minimalistic style of sati.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


breakdown breakdown

A Poem by ANTO


Sleepless Sleepless

A Poem by MsJewel