Leave This World...

Leave This World...

A Chapter by Niikozilla

When you’re sleeping, you don’t think about the moments that are going to happen after you wake up. You just dream. When you daydream, you don’t focus on the people who will be studying you with an odd expression like you’ve totally gone insane; until you snap out of it. Then embarrassment takes over. Death. You don’t imagine the moment when you will be alive again because you’re sucked into vortex of blackness so thick, the breath you no longer obtain has seemed to have evaporated and suffocated you in the most impossible way and you are no longer able to comprehend it at all.

- - - - - - -

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Gasping… More convulsions. I take a breath.

Breathe, Vincelia!

In and out, that’s good. Just keep it steady. Slowly, don’t rush it.

Such a sweet, melting voice… Is this God? Do I believe in God? Who cares, I’m already dead. I kicked the bucket. I’m sleeping with the fishes… No wait, that’s pretty gross. I really hate fishes. Who wants to sleep with a bunch of stinky creatures with big eyes which never seem to look away from you? Big, blank, black eyes that seem to know secrets I have hidden so deep in my soul that my own mind can’t register what they were anymore.

“Vincelia? Can you hear my voice?"

Yeah, God, I hear you nice an’ clear. Don’t you have other people to be more concerned about then a 17 year old girl? Trapped souls and all the sorts of junk?

“No, Vincelia, I don’t. And who are you calling God?” There was a slight, warm chuckle.

He had a nice voice, whoever this person was. I wonder if I’m in this weird voodoo spirit place. I wonder what Heaven looks like… Holy flapjacks, what if I’m in hell?

I had to pause a moment and laugh.

I laughed.

I f*****g laughed.

Isn’t the Demon realms already hell? Yeah. Yeah… So where am I?

“You can start by opening your eyes, Vincelia. Maybe that would help instead of talking to your-self. Rather amusing I must say, but it becomes less intriguing when you refer to a demon lord as ‘God’.”

A Demon lord? Oh, damn all the worlds in this forsaken universe. “I’m alive?” I whispered hesitantly, not entirely sure whether I wanted to open my eyes or not. I’ve seen more than my share of the Recuron, didn’t I suffer enough?

“Yes, but not by much. You’ve lost a lot of blood from the bullet wound,” He said lightly, ignoring my comment about Recuron.

I sighed, opening my eyes to a dim light. This was Recuron’s term for night. Confusing, I know. Recuron had two suns. Sun one was long gone, the second sun was shielded slightly by a shadow-like curtain which replaced the usual bright light with a not so overly sunny forecast. If sun one was up, I would have burned my eyeballs out of their sockets.

“You have a disturbing way of thinking,” the voice commented flatly.

“Tell me something I don’t seem to know about myself.”

“Your last name is Lebrri and your birthday is February 17th, 1994.”

I stopped trying to fall back into my abyss of nothingness again. “What did you just say?” That wasn’t my accurate birthday, I’m sure. I’ve been here forever. No one knew what my Birthday was. And seriously, that last name? Now tell me my heritage and we’ll see where you get, Buddy.

“You’re Hispanic and African American.”

“Stop that! And stop reading my mind. You wouldn’t like it if someone was constantly picking away at your every mind blurb,” I said harshly. “And who the hell are you anyway? Hiding in the shadow is a little cliché for demons, isn’t it? ‘And they lurk in the night, ready to devour any insolent children’.”

His laugh was silky and dark, deep but not creepy. Then again all demons voices were used for seduction and foul play.

“Well, I have many names, Vincelia-”

“It’s Vinnie. Vincelia is too formal for me,” I stated plainly.

“Okay… Vinnie,” he hesitated just slightly. I guess he was debating or not I was joking about the whole Vinnie thing. “My name is Ac’ail Dequar, ruler of Recuron. Though, I’m sure you already know that judging by the expression on your face.” He laughed again, but this time it was at me. Not about a joke I was holding back forcibly.

“Oh… Oh, God. I’m sorry… Sir?” Ah, hell! I called the prince God and I was making snarky comments. I rubbed my temples and sat up straight. The floor or whatever I was laying down on had left an ache at the lower end of my back.

I looked around the room for any sign of him and couldn’t suppress the heavy sigh when I noticed that he was either still hiding in the thick shadows or leaking his demonic self into my cranium, giving him the option to attach thoughts to my head like a leech.

There was a half snort/laugh from one of the corners of the room, but I couldn’t really pinpoint where. Finally, he emerged from the darkness with one step. Of course the obvious had occurred. He was crazy gorgeous, but not in the human way. There’s a difference between a human who is gorgeous, and a demon that held the same traits. Boys from our world had those rich, earthy colors in their eyes. Evergreen, ocean blue, sweet hazel or deep brown. Sometimes, they even had such black eyes we were swept off our feet and it felt like they pulled us in. But a demon?

Demons eyes were bright and lusciously vicious. Ugh, if a demon eye caught humans’ attention, they were paralyzed with no thoughts about how dangerous they could really be. Eyes so deeply orange or yellow it was like the morning sun. When they were blue or purple, it was like falling into a world of clouds. And when they were red… A shiver went down my spine and spread out around my body. Red eyes were almost impossible to escape from. So insanely dangerous and I know it inside, but when you are caught like a deer in the headlights, well… I’m surrounded by fire. A cold fire, though.

Ac’ail had red eyes, of course, so when his eyes traveled along my body I had to watch. They were slightly shielded by his dark brown hair, which almost (without the sun) looked black. He had no shirt on, revealing his lean light skin. Though he had black pants on, the top button was undone in a lazy manner which finally caused me to pull my eyes away from him.

“How do you know my birthday? Is that really it?” I asked quietly. I needed something to concentrate on other than a demon’s body features. Honestly, what I really needed was for an explanation on why I was brought back into this world. Surely I died, right? I felt it. I felt the pressure of air leave my body and the dark… I shivered again at the memory. Maybe I don’t want to die again.

I could feel his eyes on me, and I could faintly make out the movement of his lips. “I’ve known about you for a while, Vinnie.” He still struggled on my nickname. My guess was he was so used to being so formal; the old habit was going to be a pain to get rid of in this case. “You are not a normal human-being, and I was studying about you to guess what had become of you,” he spoke with such perfect English, it surprised me a lot.

“You were researching on my mom and dad?” The question left my mouth like a foreign language. I haven’t heard the words ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ in so long, it almost brought me to lose my breath. I composed myself and gazed back over to him just in time to see him nodding. “Did you find anything?”

“Some, but not much…” There was an awkward silence. I stood up slowly and dusted myself off.

“So?”

“Your mother and father were normal humans. I don’t really have an explanation for why you have the eyes you do, or how you happened to stumble into Recuron.” I cursed in my head, forgetting about his abilities to read minds.

Speaking of reading minds, I thought only vampires did that? “Is that your true form?”

“You have a lot of questions, Vincelia-,” he paused and caught himself, smiling sheepishly, “Vinnie, I mean.”

I couldn’t help but letting out a light laugh, biting my tongue on the process and said, “It’s okay if you call me Vincelia since it’s you. I don’t think you calling me by my nickname in front of high society would be appropriate, right?”

He shook his head and sighed with relief so softly, I might have imagined it.

“I was taken from my mom and dad, by the way,” I said suddenly, too late to stop myself. I mentally slapped myself. His brows furrowed, catching a giant question mark above his head. “I was around… 3?” I argued with my brain for a moment before shrugging. “About 3; something like that,” I dismissed it like it was nothing. But it was something. It was almost something, but I never wanted to talk about it. Especially not with a demon of any kind. Even if he was the prince, demons were all the same. “You never answered my question,” I said matter-of-factly.

“Which was?” There was an amusing tone to his voice.

“Is that your true form?” I asked again.

“Yes, Vincelia, this is my true form,” he chuckled meltingly again, and I had to stop myself from shivering for the millionth time, “but not always.”

It was my turn to have the question mark over my face.

“I can be much scarier than this.” That was all he stated, and by the tone, the end of the conversation. “Come on, time to get you to your room.” He walked beside me and I finally glanced around the room in detail. A bed, two other doors leading somewhere I really didn’t want to know. But, I was debating which was probably the torture room or the bathroom.

“My room? I’m staying here?”

“Enough with the questions, Vincelia, please?” His voice was demanding, yet held a hint of tiredness.

I held back a roll of my eyes for his sake. I was staying in a palace for now. I had a normal conversation with the Lord and yet, I still feel scared in the deep part of my stomach. In the non-existent back space of my head. Scarier…?


© 2013 Niikozilla


Author's Note

Niikozilla
I still need to work on my grammar skills, really. > .> Sorry! Comments and reviews welcomes :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hehehehe. I like the prince. I wonder why.
Nice story~ It really drags you into it and its so pleasantly descriptive. Awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


so, i'm totally addicted. the prince is totally mysterious and amazing and vincela is spunky and humorous. i loved it! =) this is really good.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Teen, Young Adult, Original Fiction, Demonic


Author

Niikozilla
Niikozilla

Orlando, FL



About
Hey, I'm Brittany and I'm 19 years old. My close friends usually call me Niiko, hence where Niikozilla came from~ Uh, I love books. I'm a book-a-holic :) I love animals and painting, reading, writing,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Maybe I Can... Maybe I Can...

A Chapter by Niikozilla