Apologies to Monday

Apologies to Monday

A Poem by Rita L. Sev
"

I think I upset her...

"

Hey Monday, are you serious?

You’re no one’s favorite day;

you only make it worse

when you show up wearing grey.

 

Why can’t you be like Friday was,

dressed in her finest blue?

No wonder we all grumble

at the mere mention of you!

 

Now Monday has hurt feelings

and she can only weep

so I am quite remorseful,

her tears rise up knee-deep.

© 2013 Rita L. Sev


Author's Note

Rita L. Sev
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Rita. A creative and fun read. I love your sense of humor. You nailed how we feel like this every time Monday rolls around. Your words brightened my day at work when I read it this morning. It brought a smile to my face. Thanks so much. Well penned and a much enjoyed read. Write on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Shelley! It was a rainy Monday around here, so "grey" was my inspiration - but I am so g.. read more



Reviews

I don't feel terribly bad for Monday, after all, she does her best to make sure we don't have the best day. I liked this, it was very cute :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Skye!
Lovely lighthearted poem!! Poor Monday.......I feel sorry for her. Apologies to Monday- a befitting title to your humorous little poem.Made a wonderful and relaxing read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Onku!
Love the creative humour. I really enjoyed reading this. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Annie - I am glad you enjoyed it!
It sounds to me like someone has the case of the Mondays. (Yes, that was an Office Space reference!)

I honestly feel this way every single Monday because it is constantly a Hang Over day. It is a vicious cycle of the obnoxious reminder that we live by routine!

Nice work! You never cease to give me the chuckles!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

That particular Monday was rainy and very blah... :) I was over it by Tuesday! Thanks!
Vria P Crow

10 Years Ago

Your welcome! haha I kind of like rainy days because then I just go out in it and have a crazy phot.. read more
haha such a funny and true write, I enjoyed it a lot and I can totally relate.
Gorgeous poem :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Annabellee!
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you're most welcome :)
haha.. i love these little fun rhymes...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Stella! Monday was a grey and rainy day - I had to call her on that! :)
I enjoyed the thought here. You have a clever mind. We hurt ourselves when we shun any day in our lives...
I wrote a poem called "Someday Monday" two weeks ago. Same sort of idea from a different angle.
Now be nice and give Tue a big hug! ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Ha! Yes, Tuesday was better, weather-wise at least. And here's to Wednesday! Thank you, David!
I love Mondays :P, this was fun to read.

Luckily we had a long weekend in Canada so got to skip out on hanging with my buddy Monday :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Some Mondays are just tougher than others, I guess! :) Thanks, Pollai!
Delightful, Rita.....though a little sad for Monday. P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Pete. Monday went away angry, but she'll be back next week, I'm sure!
I like this rhyme very much. It sums up how I feel about Mondays quite well. It seems that so many things happen on Monday. The work to be done is deeper, the sky is grayer, the hours are longer. You bring that to life here. Also though, you have this whimsical tone that makes things lighter and fun. I like how your work does that with situations. It can bring out the brightness in something that is usually dark and gray. Ah yes, poor Monday.

Also, I really liked your title for this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you again! I appreciate that you see a lighthearted nature in my work.
The rain today j.. read more
Clockwork

10 Years Ago

Yes it really did, quite a wet day in the Keystone State

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2013
Last Updated on July 1, 2013
Tags: Monday, rain, grey

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SyberDoll SyberDoll

A Poem by SyberRose