Feng Shui

Feng Shui

A Poem by Rita L. Sev
"

Looking for balance

"

If I situate my happiness

        before wrath

and affection next to melancholy,

will that give harmony

to my ch’i?

 

Where should I position the mirror

        to reflect the expected?

 

To what corner of my heart

        shall I relegate

        the breaks?

 

Planning every placement

        meticulously

as if achieving balance

is that simple …

© 2013 Rita L. Sev


Author's Note

Rita L. Sev
captcha: upbend

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved this write of yours !!!! Achieving balance in life, just like Feng Shui is no simple task.I loved your first and your closing paras.You are a brilliant poet!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Onku! I truly appreciate your kind words!
I love the image of the mirror (I can't say mirror image cuz it sounds weird haha) An original piece that perfectly conveys that struggle...well done Rita :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

:) Thank you; appreciate your kind words!
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure :)
BRAVA!!!!!!!!

A wonderful metaphor delivered with grace, simplicity, and thought. I forget who it was that said "Style is the art of being able to state the complex in a simple manner". You dear and gentle lady have style.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Steve! That is quite a nice compliment, and greatly appreciated!
Hi Rita. I love this write about balance in life. Deep. Thought provoking and introspective. Well crafted free verse which I enjoy. Vivid imagery. Good flow and tone. Very good closing. Well penned and a good read. Write on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Shelley! :)
ShelleyA

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome.
Feng shui of the mental....I marvel at how you make a complex idea seem simple, it's the sign of a good poet/writer/teacher. I always wondered about the authenticity of feng shui though- from a scientific background- and I remember having thinking that it was more mystical than scientific. But I guess its all in the results. Good write, I enjoyed this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I don't buy into feng shui myself, but I know people who do. It seems to work fo.. read more
Wow Rita. This analagous writing is powerful. If only things were that simple...as you rightly point out.
Classic
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Anto. I was in a "deep thought" mode, I suppose.
Simple but not easy...you always present us with your own special blend of unique insight, like a daily dose of Rita day will keep us on our toes, thanks for that!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

:) Thank you so much, Frieda!
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You know it's always my pleasure Rita. :-)
I tend to bend with the flow. Swimming against the current is exhausting! Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Ha! True, Angi!
Well, as Rogue says, it can be done. Discipline is the key...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Marie!
I think we can have balance within ourselves... A peace within that moves us positively through the days and strengthens us in rough times. But it is taking your balance to the outside world that becomes tricky. The forces around you are uncontrollable and chaotic (not in a bad way usually. Just active and random). What works for you may not work for them and vice versa... So the tightropes stretch every which way, endlessly... As we all find our own best way to cross without that safety net. Sometimes in harmony... Long moments of tiptoeing along on in what must appear a lovely choreographed dance... Others in strife as ropes become shaky, twisted and an occasional clown somehow blocks the way. How we deal with any one situation is part of our uniqueness...

I've babbled and this has been a very thought provoking piece for me.
Excellent job, Rita! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Rogue! I am glad to have inspired some thought. You are right, it's balance with the out.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

548 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: feng shui, balance, harmony, emotions

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..