The Meadow

The Meadow

A Poem by Robert
"

Nature's garden.

"

The meadow


The night still slept on; and although it slowly gave way to the early morn; it struggled to keep the cloud cover wrapped around itself. It was then, in between sleep and awake fullness, a ray of sunlight punched a hole through the crumpled blanket of cloud spotlighting a patch of green meadow.


Invisible hands of Mother Nature gently rolled back more of the warm covering of the nights eiderdown, as it lay snugly over the King sized bed named Earth. The morning sun rose from it's hiding place behind the great Great Tor mountain which always drew the eye to the Eastern skyline.


The green meadow was now blending itself with the lands, copse, and harrowed fields as the night shook off the last of its dark dreamland. Sol, now fully glowing against a background of reds, pinks,yellows of every hue as it crowned the mountain with a golden orb.


Morning mist began to gather in the low land where daisy’s

grew. Clumps of Daffodils nodded in the direction of their

trumpets, while Blue Bells formed a pathway to guide the

early morning hiker to the wood near Benbow's farm.

It was going to be a beautiful day, teaming with all that Nature had to offer to all who had eyes to see and minds to understand. For Mother earth could not force upon those who's minds were closed to her gifts.






© 2016 Robert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A beautiful poem written my friend.
"It was going to be a beautiful day, teaming with all that Nature had to offer to all who had eyes to see and minds to understand. For Mother earth could not force upon those who's minds were closed to her gifts"
I loved the above lines. Powerful and worthwhile words. Thank you Robert for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmmm ... beautiful "for mother earth could not force upon those whose mind were closed to her gift" I'm glad I'm open to her gifts ... nature conscious

Posted 7 Years Ago


This brought to mind the long walks I did living in Germany. I would cross through fields and watch the sun wake everything up and the flowers would appear as if to guide me. I love how you presented this to us. How gentle Mother Nature can be when she wants to be!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like this, this has the charm and the language of Jack London or Mark Twain, good piece of prose.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem written my friend.
"It was going to be a beautiful day, teaming with all that Nature had to offer to all who had eyes to see and minds to understand. For Mother earth could not force upon those who's minds were closed to her gifts"
I loved the above lines. Powerful and worthwhile words. Thank you Robert for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Although i'm sure you can tell it was kind of printed on top of each other I really enjoyed this piece. Nice work man. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Robert

7 Years Ago

Will try and get it right next time, if this old brain of mine works properly.
you painted a lovely image of nature in all it`s glory

Posted 7 Years Ago


Robert

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend, it was good of you to say so.
I liked your words. You can go to the poem, copy it, republish it and separate the lines to make it easier to read. Welcome to the Writers Café. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sorry about the way it turned out. Better luck next time.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016

Author

Robert
Robert

Writing
Days ending Days ending

A Story by Robert


The Poet The Poet

A Poem by Robert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO