Revoution

Revoution

A Story by X
"

This country needs a change

"
This is a call to arms to all Americans. Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3. Can you all hear me out there? Witness the horrors we have been subjected to. From the OKC bombing to Columbine, from the Batman theater shooting to the Newtown shooting, and God knows, many many others in between. What has our country come to? Well, a nation full of individualistic narcissists, in my humble opinion. People who crave attention and fame in some way above all else- can you blame them? In areas such as the East coast, parenting has become less and less a nurturing act and more and more of a chore. Everything is about money, that which we slave and do heinous things for, even ignoring our own children, in order to get the next buck. It is a sad reality of the state of society which we are currently in- and the poor ideals that go along with dedicating a life to making money are only further propagated by the media, what we see on TV, and the music that we listen to. My generation's pop culture music is hip-hop which is filled with the same imagery and messages of money being superior to all else, and absurd, fantasy-style lifestyles accompanying the gain of money. With people having these values portrayed to them constantly, as well as a change in parenting styles across the nation, with people worrying more about themselves and how to get the next paycheck above all else, is there any wonder that people are going to extremes to gain notoriety, and their minds are warped to that effect from a variety of factors (undoubtedly including personal issues such as mental and emotional troubles).

It is time for a change in this country. The foundation of our once great nation was built upon noble ideals such as brotherhood, equality, and independence, not competition, inequality, and individualism. However desparate times may seem, the American people, when rallied together, present the most formidable force the world has seen, in many ways. Right now, we can band together to change our society. We can re-instill the values this nation was built on rather than the ones that they have unfortunately matured into. We can all play our part. Get involved, go seek out the civil rights issues, look at the problems addressing our country and find ways to help. Find ways to make a change. I don't know about any of you but I will no longer sit back and wait for the next massacre of schoolchildren, the next serial killer, the next mailbox bomber to appear. I will not wait for the issues that prompt these types of events and people to exist to solve themselves, because they won't. It will take a conscious effort towards social change, a cry from WE THE PEOPLE , in order to get anything done. I wish you all very happy holidays, and may God bless America.

-X

© 2012 X


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an excellent piece of awareness material. Morals have been sripped from our schools. Video games assist in de-sensitizing the mind to violence. When a dr unk driver kills another we dont seek to ban cars-we hold the individual accountable, but when guns are used we seek to ban guns. Those who are most protected are against protection for others. We are a decaying society, and unless we change-more problems lie down the road.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Indeed- I will one day work to change it. Thanks for the review.
Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Your welcome :)



Reviews

Well, X You make some very good points and I'am very sick of hearing of these kind of events. It never makes any sent and all the pain and tears it cause is heart braking.
A change is needed, but I feel that the sick and twisted people who carry out these thinks, Go for the most part unseen. People don't understand them and tent to keep thier distents. Surely these people lack any sence of emphthy for any one. Why their kind of thinking isn't seen in much young age is hard to understand. The people around them protect them as they would them selfs. ANy ideas, X let me know, Joe

Posted 11 Years Ago


Genius
Putting out the cold hard truth and then sending out a patriotic cry to stand together. And at the same time presenting your excellent writing skill ;) This proves to me that the American spirit still exists! This is awsome! Everyone needs to read this. I agree completely! In fact, i feel the same way. The time has come for change! I"m with you bro!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review, as well as your compliments! Always flatterin.. read more
Jessie

11 Years Ago

I certainly will :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
Please anybody who has read this share with family and friends and the like! This is meant to make people aware and prompt others to action. Thank you so much!!

X

Posted 11 Years Ago


Breathtaking work. This brings to mind how much we have changed in just a few centuries.. I also do believe that we need to go back to our noble beginnings.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Agreed. Thanks so much for the review and don't hesitate to share this with family, friends, etc. I .. read more
Bound In Red

11 Years Ago

Will do.
X

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is an excellent piece of awareness material. Morals have been sripped from our schools. Video games assist in de-sensitizing the mind to violence. When a dr unk driver kills another we dont seek to ban cars-we hold the individual accountable, but when guns are used we seek to ban guns. Those who are most protected are against protection for others. We are a decaying society, and unless we change-more problems lie down the road.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Indeed- I will one day work to change it. Thanks for the review.
Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Your welcome :)
As a Frenchman I don't have as much implication it this than an American has but I can come to agree when you speak of music because that is something that I also noticed. Music was an art and now it was reduce to mere "entertainment" and a good way to make money. It uses mainstream kind off music and sexually explicit material just to please the audience. What happened to expressing yourself freely and making songs that come from the heart and not from the wallet. Those singers that actually sing for the love of it aren't as famous which is a shame because their music can change the world...I rest my case or I'll keep on speaking like this for hours. Congrats to you for noticing the big picture and not limiting your vision ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Thanks man, I agree with everything you said about the music industry, and it isn't just limited to .. read more
GlacialStars

11 Years Ago

So you're starting with the man in the mirror xD? Michael Jackson lol
Well said X. It is difficult to understand how such atrocities are sanctioned by the state by allowing deadly weapons to be freely available and the NRA get their way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Agreed. Please, share with friends, and help the cause
Strongly felt, deeply ingrained, there are but a few still carrying the torch .
I would have more Hope if WE were the majority ......

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

StarlaFireDelta

11 Years Ago

its sad that Revolution is born of innocent blood shed...The guns dont fire themselves yet the good .. read more
X

11 Years Ago

Agreed. However, most revolutions are sparked from the blood of the innocent and oppressed. If it we.. read more
StarlaFireDelta

11 Years Ago

true true
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
America is a nation drowning in collectiv apathy. When a president, unelected by popular vote, took office, no one cried for the abolition of the electoral college. The ever-increasing power of corporate America only brings a greater silence across the land. Congress is filled with professional politicians when it needs professors, economists, business leaders, etc. And now it will yield to the NRA and those with private arsenals across the land. I agree with you and call first, before all things, that whenever a shooting like this takes place, the name of the shooter should never be printed or revealed so that they cannot do their evil in the hope of being infamous forever.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

X

11 Years Ago

Agreed with everything you said. Folks, listen to this man.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012
Tags: Story, Poetry, Romance

Author

X
X

Boston, MA



About
I enjoy creative writing of all kinds, especially poetry and short stories. My main genre is fiction, though it is often heavily fact-based. more..

Writing
In Her Eyes In Her Eyes

A Poem by X



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..