Lady Luck

Lady Luck

A Story by Roderick Blakeman
"

A short story inspired by the Frank Sinatra song "Luck be a Lady Tonight"

"

Lady Luck

I was playing the tables night after night without encountering anything resembling a winning streak. To be perfectly honest I hadn't encountered a losing streak either, but stagnation had turned the excitement into boredom.

I needed something, a lift in spirits, or otherwise I would have had to find myself a new hobby. It was at that moment that she walked into the room.

I only noticed her at all because I followed the turning heads.

I was waiting for the ball to drop, and like every other punter was concentrating on willing it to drop in my number. It bounced a few times in the section around zero that is known to the gambling fraternity as the "Voisins Du Zero" before nestling into 19 red.

 


But where normally every head would have watched the croupier place the marker on the winning number and clear the table, it took only moments to realise that it was just me that was still concentrating on the game.

I looked up and followed their stares, and my eyes rested on what was the most beautiful, and sexiest looking honey that I had ever set eyes on. Man, she was a dream, and dressed to kill.

Now being practically a resident in casinos for the last 15 years I had seen my fair share of beautiful girls. From the receptionists though to the waitresses and croupiers they were all dynamite to look at, but this girl was pure heaven... maybe hell.

She was a customer rather than staff and it no doubt helped her looks that instead of wearing a company gown she was wearing a dress that would have made most paychecks cringe. Yes, what she was wearing was the proverbial million dollars.

She glided across the casino floor like it was a models walkway, her curves swishing and bouncing to the enrapture of every hot blooded male.

I pulled my gaze away and looked at the croupier, his hand still hovering above the winning number, and saw that he was also transfixed by this ravishing goddess.

I stealthily slipped a $100 chip under the small pile of chips on number 19 and then returned my gaze to the girls rear as she slowly departed from our area of the casino towards the restaurant area.

You could hear the cummultative gasp as dozens of male customers realised all at once that they hadn't taken a breath for the entire journey this beautiful lady had made through their territory.

The croupier shook his head, let out a "Wow", and returned his attentions to the game.

"19 red" he announced while placing the marker on the winning number.

He spread the chips to pay them out.

"35 Blue for you sir, 105 green for you madam, 70 yellow for you sir", and the 100 dollar chip, who does that belong to?"

"That's mine" I grinned.

"Well done sir, that's $3,500"

The croupier passed me out the chips and added, "It seems Lady Luck has smiled on you tonight."

I thanked the croupier, threw him a $50 tip, and then followed my beautiful wife into the restaurant.

© 2014 Roderick Blakeman


Author's Note

Roderick Blakeman
If you enjoyed this I invite you to read my other postings, if you didn't enjoy this then you have no humour level. ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: casino, gambling, luck

Author

Roderick Blakeman
Roderick Blakeman

Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom



About
I have lived a reasonably full life taking in a bit of travel and a few different occupations. I have always loved writing but tend to do it in phases. If you like any of my poetry or short st.. more..

Writing