Where Love Resides

Where Love Resides

A Story by Roger Denton
"

A Short Story

"

I am in that mood, in which I haven’t been for a long time now. I feel like I could write for hours, if not for days. I’m drinking a hot cappuccino in 2.11 o’clock in the morning, and I’m thinking on paper. I remember that waitress… she wasn’t Greek. She was Armenian, I think, and she was beautiful. She had blond hair, and she was smiling at me every morning. I was there every day, nearly at 7 o’clock in the morning, in that coffee shop, and she was there every time, cleaning the kitchen. I offered to help her, but she said, “No, thank you.”

If only she had given me the chance… The things I could have shared with her… How much I would love her, the love I would give to her! You would be mine, and I would be yours, and this is, finally, where love resides… Yes, I would love her with all my strength, for I have the need to love, and be loved.

Where love resides, we would go, and live together…

I left that town, and I’ll never see the waitress again. I don’t know her name, I will never know it, but I remember her, and her smile, as well.

And what about that classmate of mine? Haven’t seen her for ages. We have this saying here in Greece: “Like the snow”. It means, “It’s been a long time.” It surely has been a long time. She had black hair, red lips, black eyes, she was beautiful, and unlike the waitress, I had fallen in love with her, I knew her name, and I still remember it. She was always avoiding me like the plague. She must have thought I was a creep. But, oh, wait a second. It’s a projection we have here, Dr. Freud!

How sad is that, huh?

Where love resides…

Really, where?

I would like to go there, and live by it, together with my loved one, as if in a dream…

Hold me closer now, love me, and show me the way to where love resides.

I am dying to know.

© 2012 Roger Denton


Author's Note

Roger Denton
The inspiration for this Short Story came from a song by Midnight Choir, called 'Where Love Resides'. It's a favorite, and these are just some thoughts based on that song..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those are good thoughts. Drifts a little bit--but that is in context with the story.
I don't know what "2.11 o'clock in the morning" is; did you mean 2:00?
But Irather like the "2:11" gives the story a surrealistic feel.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

693 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2012
Last Updated on February 28, 2012

Author

Roger Denton
Roger Denton

Greece



About
I have been writing since the age of 10. 12 years have passed since then. I am still writing, in English, not in Greek, which is my first language. Therefore, I am trying to improve my English. There .. more..

Writing