Un-friend-ly

Un-friend-ly

A Story by Rogue
"

Message of Intent.

"
You know, I used to really enjoy coming to this place. Sharing my scribblings and reading others. Finding and giving support and encouragement to those in the community. Having a laugh or two and some fun.
Unfortunately, it is not this way anymore. You can cut the tension in this place with a knife.
Simply writing a new piece has become serious business, fraught with danger. Because somebody is going to be sure it is about them.
It gets depressing watching people push their personal agendas, and Crusades.
I don't know about anyone else, but it is sucking all that is good out of this place for me. I'd prefer not to have to leave it, since I have made several lovely friends here.
So, in an effort to rid myself of this constant negativity and enjoy a more positive environment, I have removed some people. No. I didn't block anyone. Simply unfriended. Without a care to status or ranking. (Rogue is an equal opportunity unfriender)
I've had enough.

© 2013 Rogue


Author's Note

Rogue
Any reviews here will go unanswered. I am not looking for agreement or disagreement. It just how I feel and what I have chosen to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Isn't it the same everywhere Rogue? People pushing their own agendas because they live in the centre of the universe. They truly believe they are the centre of the universe; why because society has told them so. And they are evangelical about it.
How dare anyone else not think that when it is self evident they say. How can anyone not believe that I know everything and I am better than everyone? Instant communication has a lot to answer for.
This place is simply a microcosm of the rest. Except for the centre because everyone lives there and its very crowded.

Posted 10 Years Ago


do what u do best...
laugh and make laughter emanate form even zombies like me

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very good write Rogue and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hope things change for the better for I feel the same way like you and the other reviewer. I'm glad you have put this write forward...

Posted 10 Years Ago


I don't blame you for giving some the boot. I've been a member here for years and have never seen anything like the recent rash of personal attacks on other WC members. It's tacky and unprofessional. More than that, it shows a lack of good sense. You know who they are, as do I.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
4 Reviews
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013

Author

Rogue
Rogue

About
What can I say? I enjoy writing. Although I dabble in several different genres, I eventually end up back in the realm of Horror. Both pointing out the every day disguised "Monsters" among us and cre.. more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Rogue


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Rogue


Chapter three Chapter three

A Chapter by Rogue