How to Make the Apathetic Boy Cry (Short Death Note fanfic/drabble)

How to Make the Apathetic Boy Cry (Short Death Note fanfic/drabble)

A Story by Rokatsu
"

Old feels so feely

"

If Mello wanted to make him cry, he'd done a good job at it.


“Mello is dead.”


The words sliced through his very being like a knife, stabbing at his heart repeatedly.


“He was driving a white pickup truck to an abandoned church and due to a gas leak it exploded.”


He fell to his knees, the words crushing him.


“There was another body... it was identified as miss Takada.”


Damn it to hell, that b***h...


“I'm sorry for your loss, mister River.”


He knew. Mello would never make such a mistake and would notice if there was a gas leak. It was that b***h and Kira. They'd killed Mello. They took Mello away from him. They grabbed him and snatched him away with their filthy and disgusting blood-soaked hands.


His fists clenched.


The man turned away from him and left him alone with the burnt body of Mello in the morgue. He sat there on the cold hard floor, staring at his deceased rival who was covered in a white blanket in a casket.


His lips quivered and his chest started to shake with his silent cry.


He slowly reached out with a small pallid hand and lifted up the blanket to survey the damage. He winced at what he saw. The blonde had severe burns and most of his body had turned into ashes. His heart ached. The head was the only salvageable thing left. He put the blanket back but moved it so he could see the blondes half-scarred face. He looked beautiful, but not at peace. He'd died too young, and he still had so much to do in his life.


He slowly reached out and cupped his cheek, shivering when he noticed how deathly cold it was.


“Mello... I'll avenge you. I'll defeat Kira for you and for Matt. And then... some day I'll join you... and we can be together like old times. You can continue to get mad at me every time I score perfect on a test and you get one mark wrong. You can destroy my toys and knock over my dice towers. You can yell at me and beat me up or pull my hair when things don't go your way. You can insult me and call me every name in the book. And you can follow me around and watch me when you think I'm not looking or not paying attention... you can be with me again, just like before.” He whispered, smiling sadly. “I really miss you...” He admitted, gently caressing his cheek. He leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips, a lone tear sliding down his cheek.


And with that, he left. Determined to send Kira to the furthest pits of hell.


For he had made the apathetic boy cry.  

© 2015 Rokatsu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015
Tags: how, to, make, the, apathetic, boy, cry, death, note, fanfic, mello, near, melloxnear, nearxmello, anime, feels

Author

Rokatsu
Rokatsu

Canada



About
Moving every fanfiction to here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Rokatsu more..

Writing