Honourable Son

Honourable Son

A Chapter by Rory CJ Frankson
"

Troy takes Yevette for chinese

"
 

          The roadside break, had helped take the edge off our Rock and Rolla stint back at the bandstand parking lot. I could tell that Yevette, had been a little mift. That I hadn’t right away, had a significant naming ceremony such as hers. I let her mull that over with out saying what I felt and that was. Well these endeavors take time to absorb, until the kind of appropriate ambient character. Arrives from said object and tells you, its name...

We’d both had kept our new old requisitions on and in time, Yevette began to smile and a tear slipped from her eye to run down her cheek. To be gently wiped off. I could hear the familiar creaking of the old leather, as she moved around in the seat. Knowing, that it was part of the experience and an old stand by to the leather clad wearing persona. I could see the inter-change had obviously, impacted Yevette. She looked over, her eyes soft and just barely perceived by dashboard lights. The on going music, was no longer full throttle and easy enough to hear what she’d come out with emotionally. “Thanks again, Troy. It was a lovely gesture”! She looked back out the side window, “your jacket. I mean”. Not looking at the dark forest whipping by, and probably. Not seeing her reflection, either. But again, lost to other thoughts… I might only guess at.

           I didn’t, just drove steadfastly on through the nights dark. Pony, with his rumble throbbing faithfully through it all, his happy ‘hot rod sound'. As highway, roll under him. I thought if Yevette wanted to tell me more she would and in some little time, did. Still looking out the window, said rather hushed. “You know Troy, you scare me... baby. Maybe more, than just a little”! That raised my eyebrows some, and couldn’t help but think. ‘Right back at ya, girl’, she went on, “you have to admit. The day has been rather, how can I say… sort of spooky”. The following pause, was kind of hard to take before she went on, “I’ve never gone through so man crazy emotions. All, in one day”! She turned back toward me, and I momentarily. Took my concentration off the road. Her eyes were big and round as saucers. Unbelievably, seen her pupils dilate. In this light? ‘Panther Girl’, the image again, came to me… “I need a cooler. Can I”? Yevette’d blurted out, looking somewhat emotionally trashed. When a subject just gets too intense, change it Lillian, used to say!

           “Sure you can, Yevette”, I thumbed over my shoulder, to motion the back. “The black bags, in the back seat. If you can, get at it… want me stop”? She shook her head no, and went for trying through the consul. I added, “left hand pouch, ice’s probably melted. Be careful… and grab one for me. I think there might be, another”?

           The little contortionist actually made it and scored, to come back with two wet coolers and Yevette handed one of them to me. It tasted heavenly, I hadn’t realized how truly parched I was. I mulled over what had been said, and it was true. The emotions and the day’s activities, were to say the least hectic! Things were moving at a virtual blur and I was going to comment on it, but stopped myself. Not wanting to say anything, that would again… change everything.

          As it was, the road was just slipping by, and I wasn’t speeding, or in any real hurry now. Just enjoying the wetness of the cooler, and Yevette sitting opposite. Who like me, seemed to experiencing much the same easy contentment. Watching the bright high beams illuminate, this snake of a highway. Hypnotic really… The current silence between us, was seemingly mutual... and probably. Appreciated.

It was now just a short ride into the city lights of Jasper. I liked Jasper, and in the past. Had spent time there on skiing excursions, with some of my friends. Among other things. This thought, as Jasper arrived out of the forest. As we then to motor down the mountainside, with the cities lights glittering their shimmering patterns. Down in the valley of our destination. Holding a cool hot rod feel with the view, matching the tunes. The Doors LA Woman, 'just like a little lady in a city of lights'... sang Morrison as we enter. I knew exactly, the Chinese restaurant I wanted and how and what streets taken to get us there. It not exactly being on the main drag and when we rolled up to park in front. Yevette broke the silence, “I haven’t been to this one, Troy”, she commented.

          “It’s not well frequented Yevette, and the food here. Is awesome”, I replied.

          "I come here, when ever I’m in Jasper”, I continued and she nodded to turn and look out her window again. Finally Pony was turned off to sit and ‘ping’ his bit. probably for the next while. As the heat of hard driving, disseminated into the long cool Jasper evening.

I pushed the auto tab for both doors, Yevette looked at me and again impressed. Still rather intrigued, with the custom door deal and just how it’s workings. Was to her, really cool! We both, swung out at pretty much the same time, and headed on off into the night. Pony’s wing-doors slid closed an auto locked to ‘beep’, and say: ‘Later Buddy’, me grinning at Yevette’s laughed response, to buttons pushed on my key chain.

         “Ponies… awesome”, she grinned and proffer her hand for me, to be taken again.

          As we made restaurant doors, I held the door open for Yevette and we went inside. It was almost cavernous and empty, like a hush. A shadowy figure emerged from the dim recesses of the rear of the restaurant, come to see who’d arrived to make his doorbells chime and on his arrival. I’d known, that it was the venerable Wo’ti Chong. The ancient honorable Cantonese gentleman owner. “Ah”, he said, ending a slow hurrying. To greet a known guest. “Mr. Troy, how good it is to see you again”! A small almost imperceptible bow, followed by. “Come this way, I will show you to your table”. The old bent gentleman led the way, still maintaining to be graceful in his golden years. As he referred to them as... We followed and, Yevette looking at me strangely. Although not seeming to be surprised. The booth at the back that he took us to was known to be his family table and was more or less 'Private'. Cut off from the rest of restaurant, by artful plant arrangement. It was an honor, for Mr. Chong to have his location made use of by, a family friend.

            Me...

            Well I made friends easily and cultivated faithful friends. Forever.

            My secret?

Knowing about honor!


Love… is. A close,

Heart felt, acquaintance.

With the all in everything, and the… hushed

Something. In. All things… Whispered, of. In the wind…

(A Wiseman’s … Learned quote; from: Master Wo’ti Chong)



© 2014 Rory CJ Frankson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Somewhat touching part where Yevette begins to open up. Well written and again filled with warm images. I like Troy's patience in not pressuring her to reveal her past. Everything will come at the right time when she'll be ready...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
1 Review
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 24, 2014


Author

Rory CJ Frankson
Rory CJ Frankson

Vernon, British Colombia, Canada



About
It's all about the music really. I'm a Writer / Musician. Write On / Right On! Peace... Romon in Review Out Post & Creative Standard Productions. Romonx Associated Artists Rory CJ Frankson .. more..

Writing