Interlude

Interlude

A Chapter by Rory CJ Frankson
"

as an older story emerge and a history recalled, the gift given.

"
 

Kate had gone back into the kitchen and brought back a plate full of fresh baked treats and one, with a variety of sandwiches. She’d already made up but in the excitement of this arrival and it really being Yevette. She had almost completely forgotten about feeding them. ‘Poor children with the miserable conditions, that they suffered through in that mornings boat ride. They must be just famished’ she thought as she laid the goodies on the table before them.

Yevette’s eyes, did light right up and Kate, literally glowed to watch her dive right in and moan, with delight. To almost devour the whole plate of sandwiches and, half the baked treats. Nobody minded and the conversation, didn’t start right back up until all the food items, were well out of the way. Well Kate asked if there was more coco needed and Troy asked if he could have coffee and Ben had put up a hand and said he’d like one as well, Yevette well. She opted for more coco ‘please’ and just girly grin. ‘Ah an well,’ Kate could see a fellow chocolate junky, when she saw one. So it was, Kate. Back to the kitchen. Though she was now hearing happy chatter about this and that, kind of everyday nothingness. The horrible weather, Ben's beautiful boat, and how he built it. Yevette to point out that type of boats, design flaws. Everyone laughing along with her, as she told in colorful language. About panicked climbs, several times. Through, those design flaws. Wrecking her legs, and actually lean back in her chair to pull a pant leg and show them...

Look, see what that damn boat did!”

Kate felt her heart soar. It all felt so natural and real. Yevette was in many ways, still the gregarious child, she’d first met. Well then, back to the group Kate went with a new tray of beverages and, just a few more gathered treats. It was evident that everyone wanted Kate, to now begin again with her meeting the Richade family in Quebec. Even Ben. Who had heard this story, many times over the years. So Kate gathered her thoughts and memories, and jumped right in.

Again Yevette,” Kate, focused directly on her, “your Mother, as I said. Was stunning and when she walked out that kitchen. Her bearing was so regal. But looking maybe, a little annoyed. That you were dragging her by her apron, into the dinning room and quite unceremoniously,” and she laughed at the memory, so clear in her mind. “Well you were jabbering away in French, at a rapid fire rate. Right up to the table.

Your Mother, calmly wiped her hands on her apron and introduced herself. Then turned to you and reprimanded you to say, after you made. A cute perfect curtsy. ‘Now Yevette start over... and slowly, repeat your self in English please’! She was so formally stern and precise, in her manner with you.” With a short pause and a sip of her coco Kate went right back to it. “Well what came out, was that you had begged your Mother. To have us come to your home and, see your wonderful Maple Forest. See how you made the Syrup, with our own eyes.” Yevette’s eyes were sparkling and Kate could see, that she was reliving the memory right along with her, and. Waiting rather impatiently, for more. Kate, was more than happy. To oblige.

The long and short of it was, that Ben and I. Thought it was just a marvelous idea and that we could show up the very next morning. Well your Mother was very forthright. That was all well and good, but it would have to be at the crack of dawn. So as to go on out to the Maple forest, with everyone else. Not only that, but be prepared to learn and to contribute, our fair share. To the process. This was not a catered outing, made special for tourists. Though we, may well be! Well I thought this was a very candid woman and of course, agree to all of it. Though 4:30 in the morning for us to rise the next morning and drive, to the given directions. Was…"

 

By this point in her story, Kate was in full swing story telling mode and she was a very gifted storyteller. With an amazing memory for detail, which went with the package. Well now as she told it and as it came out. Kate, was immersed in the memory within. As if were taking place, in very vivid detail and as real. As those days she’d lived them. The story being orally related was of course, somewhat edited. As she told it. As it would be almost impossible, to relate in its entirety.

For one...

Secondly. There were things, that she couldn’t or wouldn’t. Share in a group, or with almost anybody, for that matter. Not many people that she’d ever met, could relate to the gifts. That Kate had been born with, told that she’d inherited from ancestors. Who also had the gift, the sight, the visions and the dreaming. The sometimes curse. And so, some of these elements… Kate, plain left out. As her memory of this time and place, that had had such a profound effect on her...

 

Played itself out, in her minds eye.



© 2014 Rory CJ Frankson


Author's Note

Rory CJ Frankson
There is more to this convergence than any, could have imagined.

The first aspect of this novel was to set the centeral characters into a mold. Here the strory begins to extend into multiple characterizations, drawn into 'Destiny'...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Kate gets more and more interesting.

- had the gift, the sight, the visions and the dreaming
- the sometimes curse

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

527 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 26, 2014


Author

Rory CJ Frankson
Rory CJ Frankson

Vernon, British Colombia, Canada



About
It's all about the music really. I'm a Writer / Musician. Write On / Right On! Peace... Romon in Review Out Post & Creative Standard Productions. Romonx Associated Artists Rory CJ Frankson .. more..

Writing