There's always an escape

There's always an escape

A Story by RoseIsNotOkay
"

Based on the short film 'no escape' that kind of sucks

"
I sit over the dead girl, and I look at her sister. I take a deep breath, they deserved this. They deserved this after what they did to my son, they killed him. I wipe my eyes, smearing blood onto my dirt covered cheek. I slowly get up and pick up Hannah, dropping her into the grave. I look at Jessica and growl, if she hadn't gotten drunk two years ago, my son would be in second grade. 
I grab the axe that has been sunken into the ground, and walk over to her body. I swing my axe down onto her neck, it makes her body bounce. I swing down again and again, until her head is completely off. I pick up her body and throw it into the second hole. I pick her head up and I light a match. Her head is on fire in seconds, and I watch it burn. I throw the remains in the hole once I'm done.
I get up and dust myself off, looking down at my stomach, feeling the baby kick. This time it's a girl. She'll get the same name as my son, but she'll go to college. She'll have kids of her own. She'll never know what I've done for her. I walk to the stream and wash my body and face. I throw the axe along with most of the clothes I'm wearing. 
I walk over to my car and I change into a nice outfit, the girls screams filling my mind. I feel the guilt wash over my body, the realization of what I've done finally coming to mind. I look back and I don't know when the first tear comes, but before I know it I'm sobbing. What would my son think of me? What if my husband finds out?
The drive home feels as if it lasts as long as the nine months I've been pregnant, and when I finally make it home, I see my husband waiting for me. I smile at his kindness and wrap my arms around him. He doesn't ask why I'm wet or why I'm not wearing the same outfit. 
"I saw your plans to kill those girls", He whispers into my ear, "They deserved it" He mumbles. I hug him tighter, and he holds me. I don't understand why he seems so calm, but then I realize, Max was his son too. He had taken it almost worse than I had, and he understands wanting them dead.
Soon it's time to sleep, and I close my eyes. I look to see the two girls following me into the woods, both with big smiles. Those same smiles that they had in the interview. I can feel the doubt in my mind, but I brush it off. It takes a while, but once we reach the middle of the woods, our faces are sweaty and mine has a bit of dirt on it. Before they know what's going on, I have Hannah on the ground and Jessica tied to the tree. I slowly choke Hannah, then I look at Jessica.
i walk over to the begging girl, and i grab a knife. I stab her stomach and I drag the knife down. i'm then looking at myself, the pain in my stomach unbearable. It hurts more than anything I've ever felt. I feel liquid come from me, and i don't know where it's coming from. Then I realize, I'm pregnant and I'm in labor.
I wake up and look at Jackson, and he's still snoring. I shake him, and feel another of what I realize are contractions. Jackson looks at the liquid and my pained face, and he realizes what's going on. He helps me up and into the car, the back seat. I groan, the pains getting worse.
The delivery goes by quickly, and before i know it I'm holing a baby girl. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and she looks exactly like her brother. I sniffle when they ask for a name, "Maxwell"
Years go by, but every night I wake up screaming. The girls have been declared dead, but I expect the police to barge through my door and take everything away. Maxwell runs into the room and I smile, she's beautiful. She's grown to look and act like an angel. Today there's a picnic planned in those woods, and she's been the most excited.
I grab the basket and keys and we all pile into the car. I grab my camera and we drive the short distance. Right before we get out of the car, we hear a scream. "You two stay here, if I'm not back in twenty minutes, call the cops" I tell my husband. The scream sounded all too familiar. 
I walk into the woods and I start to hear whispers, and I walk further in. It feels as if someone brushes against me, and I turn to see no one. I take a deep breath and venture further into the woods. I'm pushed onto the ground and I look up to see the sisters laughing. I stumble backwards, and one of them lunges at me. I feel as I'm stabbed again and again, and slowly I start to see a light.
'A thirty five year old woman was found dead in the Eastside woods. She had been stabbed in the stomach several times. The letters J and H were  carved into her skin. If you know anything, please contact the police'
 

© 2017 RoseIsNotOkay


Author's Note

RoseIsNotOkay
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was wondering, when time permits, if you would review my work for the contest also. Thank you in advance, and keep up the good work :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nothing compares to a mother's love for her child.
Nothing seems taboo when it comes to protecting their offspring. You captured this perfectly, yet there are always unforeseen consequences to one's actions.
The ending was good and the only complaint was some typos, but we all do that! ;)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nice one. I really liked the end. The link to the real world is just sweet.
It's dark, cold and mysterious. Just love it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Looooovvveeeed it! Dark and not afraid of the gore that always accompanies murder. Some caps are missing and Maxwell is an "angel", as opposed to an "angle". But superb horror. Hope you have more.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 13, 2017
Last Updated on June 21, 2017

Author

RoseIsNotOkay
RoseIsNotOkay

Dallas, TX



About
I've been through a lot, and I work what's happened into my stories. more..

Writing
I'm okay I'm okay

A Story by RoseIsNotOkay