Team Sasuke's Assignment

Team Sasuke's Assignment

A Chapter by Rose
"

This is the story of the last three members of the Uchiha clan and their friends from other clans; eg. the Uzumaki clan.

"

Chapter 46 - Team Sasuke's Assignment

 

After a few days peace, Sasuke returned to the village and had ordered his team members to meet him in the Uchiha compound. That wasn't going to be hard for Lilly, considering she was mostly there all the time, whereas Michael and Jynx hardly every went near there, let alone knew where it was, so Lilly had to make sure they got there, and in time. Sasuke wasn't like Kakashi and occasionally, Itachi, he was always on time, or sometimes early.


By the time the three met up with him, he wasn't alone. Sasuke had Itachi and Kakashi with them, it seemed like something was wrong, or maybe they were in trouble.

"What's going on sensei?" Michael questioned, just as worried as the two kunoichi beside him.

"The Chunnin exams are near, and I'm considering entering the three of you in it." Sasuke told his team. Kakashi smiled under his mask, knowing fine well that this was what he had done last time the Chunnin exams came around with Team 7.

"Really?" Jynx questioned, knowing well that no team should attempt the Chunnin exam the first time it comes, after becoming a Genin.

"Yes." Sasuke plainly said, placing his hands into his pockets.

"Awesome!" Michael and Jynx both exclaimed, as Lilly remained calm, and just looked at the sky, thinking. Was she worried that Kabuto would come after her, like Orochimaru had Sasuke?

"You've a week until they begin, so all I'll say is this. Train, rest, and do your best." And with that said, Sasuke left the team alone, but not completely. Itachi had also stayed, while Kakashi had left at the same time as Sasuke.

"Good luck you two." Itachi said, mostly to Michael and Jynx, as he wouldn't see them everyday, like he would Lilly, before heading off, with Lilly following behind.

"Thanks." Both of them grinned, before deciding that they would already start with their training for the Chunnin exams, and fight each other.

 

************

 

As the three Uchiha's headed back into their home, there was a disturbing presence coming from outside the village, and all three of them could feel it. Lilly started to wonder who it was and what they were wanting, so she decided to go and find out exactly what was going on. By the time she got there, there was nobody around, and she seemed a little frightened by it. Was it Kabuto?

 

As she headed back into the village, heading towards the back, where the big gates and walls that surrounded the Uchiha compound were situated. Itachi and Sasuke had been asked what they were going to do with the Uchiha compound, seeing as it technically belonged to them, seeing as they were the last remaining Uchiha. Lilly had no idea that they had been asked about it, and that they were allowed to determine what happened to the compound, and what they had decided was plain and simple. Keep the walls and gates that surrounded the compound, and rebuild the houses that had been destroyed within the area, leaving some of the main buildings - their home - with the Uchiha clan symbols on them, removing any Uchiha clan symbols from anywhere else within the compound. They would allow foreigners to use these as their homes for a short time, until they left, or got a new place within the village.

 

***********

 

"What's going on?" Sasuke questioned his older brother.

"We're going to start rebuilding the houses. We'll get some of the teams that aren't participating within the Chunnin exams, or haven't gotten very far, to come and help us. Tsunade-sama has already allowed us to do so, and that will make us in charge of it." Itachi explained to his younger brother, just as their little sister walked into the house, into the room.

"What are you both talking about?" She questioned them, placing her bag down. She felt like she needed to pass these exams to prove herself to them even more.

"Nothing important." They both smiled.

"Alright." She sighed, as she headed into the kitchen to pour herself something to drink.

"We can't tell her." Itachi whispered to his sibling, before heading into the kitchen. "Shall I make dinner for us all?" He questioned, as he started to get out the ingredients he needed to cook something they all would like.

"Sure." Both of the young replied.

"Do you need any help?" Lilly questioned, putting her glass down on the table, as Sasuke walked in, before leaning against the wall.

 

As the three sat down to a peaceful meal, there was a knocking at the door, and Lilly hearing it, got up and went to the door, opening it. It was Naruto. She smiled at the sight of the blonde, before gesturing inside, letting him know that he was more than welcome to come in. As soon as he walked in, he looked around, before calling out for Sasuke.

"Sasuke!" Naruto called, in his usually loud voice. Sasuke groaned from the kitchen, before heading out to see what the other wanted.

"What is it Naruto?" Sasuke sighed, wishing that for once Naruto wouldn't be so loud, and act like a normal person.

"Granny Tsunade wants to see us. Including Lilly." The blonde said, before grinning his usual cheeky grin.

"Why now?" Lilly questioned, as one of Itachi's crows came out and sat upon her shoulder. Clearly the older sibling wanted to know what was going on, before interrupting the conversation.

"Something to do with the tailed beasts." Naruto shrugged. He wasn't entirely sure, and the expression on his face revealed that.

"Go on." Itachi said, now standing in the doorway. "I'll be there shortly." He smiled a little, before heading back into the kitchen. Itachi seemed to be smiling a lot more than usual now. That was a good thing, but whatever was making him smile more, he was keeping it a secret, and wasn't telling either of them, which made them even more curious to know why he was so happy lately. It wasn't if they didn't like seeing him smiling, they did, they just wanted to know why.

 

************

 

When the three jinchuuriki reached the Hokage's office, they weren't surprised to find Shizune there as well. Shizune was like Tsunade, but not as powerful, and not a 'Legendary Sannin'. Shizune was a medical ninja, and had learned a lot from Tsunade, and was always by her side, ready to help whenever they needed her, or especially if Tsunade needed her.

"Hello you three." Shizune said, with a smile, letting the three into the office. Tsunade was sitting behind a large desk, looking at some papers. She didn't seem as happy as she was, so it worried the three greatly.

"What's going on Granny?" Naruto questioned, and winced as Sasuke slapped him hard across the head. Naruto did respect Tsunade, but had always had a habit of calling her 'granny' just because, even though she looked young, she was old.

"All of the tailed beasts have been captured by the Akatsuki," Tsunade simply stated, "and there is only four remaining." This worried Lilly greatly, she knew that the three in the room were three of the tailed beast hosts, and that there were another four besides them, so if three had been captured, that meant that there was only them and one other jinchuuriki still around. Who was the other surviving jinchuuriki?

"Who's the other one?" Sasuke questioned, clearly wondering the same thing as his sister.

"Killer Bee." Naruto smirked, answering the question for Tsunade. "He's the eight-tails host."

"Correct, we need to..." Before Tsunade could continue, she trailed off, as she received news from Shikaku - Shikamaru's father. She went strangely silent, after hearing the news. "The Akatsuki has gotten Killer Bee and the eight tails. You three are the only ones remaining."

 

The three of them remained silent, before Naruto shook his head. Clearly he couldn't believe that the Akatsuki had succeeded in capturing the eight tails. He seemed like he was crying, and that wouldn't have surprised any of them. Everyone knew that Naruto felt closely linked with all the previous jinchuuriki, especially Gaara and Killer Bee. They had known how Naruto had felt all those years, and had helped him grow strong.

"That can't be!" He shouted, before running out of the office. However, he didn't get very far, before Jirayia grabbed him.

"Calm down Naruto." Jirayia said, in a calm voice. "If you let your emotions take over, and anger consume you, then you will lose yourself and allow the nine-tails to take over." Naruto sniffed, before finally calming down. Out of all the tailed beasts, the one that was more than likely to destroy a village when being freed, was the Kyuubi.

"Sorry." Naruto mumbled, just as Sasuke, Lilly and Tsunade appeared beside them both.

"It's alright." Lilly smiled, giving him a soft hug.

 

As soon as Naruto had calmed down, Lilly had suggested that they head to Ichiraku's and that she buys ramen for them all. She didn't mind paying, especially seeing Naruto's face light up into a great big smile at the sound of getting ramen. She would do anything to make her friends, and family happy. Even if it cost her life, which she hoped it would never come to. For now, she had to focus on the up-coming Chunnin exam, before anything else. She had to try forget about the Akatsuki, the tailed beasts, and Kabuto - even though he was already dead, but she didn't know that.



© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest. This is kind of a Naruto fan fiction, so anything that relates to Naruto I don't take any credit for those things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

surrounded the Uchiha compound where situated. =were situated*
which she hoped it would never come too.=come to*
Otherwise seems pretty much fine =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I'll fix them just now.
Interesting though I'm not really watching the anime

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Thanks.
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

You're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

510 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 27, 2013

The Uchiha's

54

By Rose

55

By Rose

56

By Rose

57

By Rose

58

By Rose

59

By Rose

60

By Rose

61

By Rose

62

By Rose

63

By Rose

64

By Rose

65

By Rose

66

By Rose

67

By Rose

68

By Rose

69

By Rose

70

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing