How the Sky Got its Colours

How the Sky Got its Colours

A Story by Rose Diamond
"

I wrote a myth back in grade 8, and I decided to go back and edit it. Hopefully it's not too horrible!

"
     When the world was new and young, three tribes of elves cared for the earth. The tribe of blue created, cleaned, and inhabited the water. The tribe of red warmed, brightened, and brought fire to the earth. Lastly, the tribe of black mothered the plants and soil that covered this planet. The three tribes walked as equals, but were none too happy about it.
     One day, the leader of the black tribe, Thalia, was ridding her garden of weeds when she looked up for the very first time. She lived in a world full of precious colours and exciting beauty, but the area above her was dull and grey. Thalia decided that she would claim that space for her own, painting it the colour of her tribe. As she set off to tell her people of her brilliant plan, she knew not that Caricus and Alvara, the leaders of the red and blue tribes, were discussing with their people the very same idea.
     The day that followed that fateful hour was the decided date that each leader had chosen to go and claim the grey zone. Of course, each elf was taken aback by the presence of the other two tribe leaders, for none had imagined that the genius that birthed this plan could dwell within the blank minds of their comrades. Angered by this twist, the elves decided that this area must not be shared, and to decide who shall rule the sky, the three leaders must fight to the death.
     Each of the elves possesses great strength and abilities, and with creatures of such power forced to battle each other, this war could go on forever. In fact, this combat rages on to this day! With all of the ornaments that cover the sky, it's difficult for the human eye to spot this battle, but there is a way for us to know who is winning.
     When the attack comes from the hands of the strong Alvara, the sky becomes the banner of the Water tribe: a beautiful, graceful blue. As Alvara tires out, the fierce Caricus takes the opportunity to take the fight into his own hands, painting the area above us the colour of his tribe of Fire: a calm, vivid yellow-red. Finally, as both Alvara and Caricus have run low on energy, the patient Thalia strikes, allowing the red to morph into the Earth tribe's colour: a deep, dark black.
   When will this duel end? Nobody knows for sure, but once this battle has vanished, the ever changing colours of the sky shall vanish with it.

© 2014 Rose Diamond


Author's Note

Rose Diamond
I wrote this a while ago, so I know it's not great, but I've always liked the idea behind it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, myth, nature

Author

Rose Diamond
Rose Diamond

Canada



About
(Formerly Rosie-Chan) Hi there! My name is Rose, I'm 17, I love theatre, music, and literature, and I am a poet! I am literally the most inconsistent poet ever, but I'm ok I guess. more..

Writing