Salem

Salem

A Story by Rowan Storm
"

A recounting from the Salem Witch Trials

"
Am I crazy?

I see people, burning on stakes. A word is highlighted. Salem. I hear the screams of young girls and the cackling and squealing of others. Ifeel bitter tears run down my face. I am angry. I am angry at the young girls burning. Why didn't they run? Why didn't they escape? I see the ones who trussed up the girls bring in a last girl to be burned. She is gagged and bruised and bleeding. Her eyes are open and blank, yet she still breathes. Enraged, with a primal cry I release a billowing force! I watch as light glows around the girls burning to their deaths. Tears begin to streak the faces of the tormentors as they fouly begin to plead for their lives. I awaken to these same cries. I look each and every persecutor in the eye. Another energy, red with hate, fills me, then leaves. The sound of crackling flames fills the air. I walk away as the tormented watch their jailors burn, scream, and die.

It all happened quickly. Am I truly crazy? The vision of burning death... Was it worth their lives? But they was wrong and evil, who the burned ones were. But they were right, I suppose, but not on everything. My name and life, no longer live with freedom or choice, because of them. But remember this: I am and have always been, a witch.

© 2011 Rowan Storm


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on December 12, 2011
Last Updated on December 12, 2011

Author

Rowan Storm
Rowan Storm

About
I'm currently 19 years old as I write this, and I have changed a lot. I'm no longer depressed and hurting. I have a chance at having a genetic disease and dying from kidney failure, but I honestly onl.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Rowan Storm


Courage Courage

A Poem by Rowan Storm