Crazy Dream

Crazy Dream

A Story by Roxie Martelli
"

This is litterally a trippy dream I had. It was so trippy infact that I had to write it down after I dreamt it because it freaked me out since I was in such a deep sleep. Thought it'd be interesting to post.

"

Apparantly the rapture had happen, or so it would seem. Taken to a land in the sky where, actually, there was already living people. The place was covered in a light fog, the ground seemed to be covered with cloud. When you looked out to the horizon, there was none, just...cloud. That was after the fact though, lets rewind a bit..

 We were all in a waiting room, all of us happening to be quite dissheveled. There was a quite comfortable living room and a tile-esq shower room all connected, no doors. There were about 20 of us to start, and it didn't seem so bad. We waited and waited, but no one knew what to do. Some of us thinking that God would come for us eventually, but the quiet wait was killing us. Suddenly looking around, it seemed that we were all aged, about 10 years of our life gone. No one could tell if we were like this when we got here, or if it happened while we were here. Some had a notion to go back to the world we were taken from, because thats where our time realm would've been, a glorious idea of going back to the age we were. There were vehicles in this place (For what reason I know not), and somehow, there was rumor that the group was going to get one of the vans and rig it up to go back. They were so confident. It was an effectious confidence that made me have hope. I wished so badly to see my mother and father again. To see how they were and what life was like at this point.

It was while I was waiting that I, amidst everyone, fell into a slow comforting sleep...

When I awoke, everyone had left me. I opened my eyes and quickly jumped up, looking around only finding one other person, who was huddled in the corner looking even more scared and confused than I was, and he was a full grown man.

Quickly I ran outside to find that the vehicle was driving off into the distance, and as I screamed for it, they didn't stop, but dissapeared.

I started to feel hot tears well up inside of me, but I knew it wouldn't do any good. Maybe they actually drove off and fell down, spiraling through the sky and unknown, forever to be falling.

Suddenly I thought I had an idea. Slowely I inched my way through the fog until I felt an edge to where I was standing. Cafefully making my way on my hands and knees, I looked over and then cafefully put my head under the edge to where I was looking upside-down and was ssurprised at what I saw.

I saw my home! my very own home! And there was my father working on the leaves and whatnot like he always doe-! wait...I saw his face as he turned around. He had turned into a white haired old man! The more I looked the worse I felt in my stomach. At first I just wanted to front flip and fall back into the world I knew, it wasn't that bad of a fall, but now, I don't think I wanted to. Something inside wondered what my mother looked like, or how she was. Suddenly as I thought this, the view I was at changed from my house, to a conversation between two friends of the family I knew, as if it was dreamlike.

"So how's Rick and Linda doin since they're kid got up and left?"  the blonde had said while doing her work.

"You mean once she was taken, or something like that. There's nothin showing she would've left willingly." the dark haired hispanic woman said as they continued sorting bills.

"Really now? How long has it been now? I haven't heard much from em." the blonde said noncholantly.

"About 5 years to the day actually. Such a sad story. That girl was the pride n joy of that family. Only child ya know? Smart and talented in an unconventional way." she let a slow pity sigh make its way from her mouth. "Rick has seemed to age over night. His hair's all gone grey, he used to look like he was cheating death, looking at least 10 years younger than he actually was, looks like its caught up to him.."

The brunette continued counting dollar bills out for the casino's casho-out, "How about Linda? she was the one I saw all the time, real nice lady too." the blonde stopped to look at the brunette as she asked.

The brunette sadly shook her head as she sighed again and said "Poor Linda took the worst of it, Rick just tried to deny it, but he's really hurting, Linda, well poor linda just went insane.."

At this point I started to cry openly, not believing what I was hearing, thinking someone was playing a cruel trick on me. The tears started to slide up my forehead and through my hair as I was still upsidedown, I continued to listen..

"Rick, not knowing what to do with her, put her into an old age home. She's doin good there apparantly.."

Suddenly my gut wrenched with anger and pity and every emotion imaginable. Angry at my father for putting her in a home, fully knowing that, thats how my moms mother ended up dieing, pissed that he wouldn't help her, pitied that he didn't know how to, and angry that I was stuck here without being able to do anything. I KNEW I could fix it if I was there...if this all didn't happen...

I sat back right up and wiped my face angrily. I then stalked back inside. I got my purse, somehow it was with me when I came, and looked over at the man still cowering in the corner, he was studying me.

"Do you wanna get out of here or what?" I said as I walked over to him with determination on my face. I offered a hand to him to get up but he slapped it away jumping up and running. I curiously ran after him outside as he ran through the fog, "WAIT! Don't go that fa-" but as I didn't even have the chance to finish the sentence, he fell over the edge, no scream to escape his mouth.

I stopped, tilting my head back and sighing. Slapping a hand over my face and letting it fall, I opened my eyes to examine where I was. I looked next to me, and curiously enough, there was a house. Neatly trimmed lawn, the house being a rectangular shape. I knocked on it, and when no one but dog barks answered my knock, I entered. Walking through the house, it was empty, but still seeable considering the windows were open. The house had a straight walkthrough doorwise, no turns, you just went through the room, opened a door, and continued going straight until you hit another room, finding the end of the house on the other side. I got to the middle of the house to find a dark room, with a telivision going, and a body laying in the bed, seemingly asleep. I made my way over to wake it up and ask for help, but when I got there I was entirely too surprised for my own good.

The body and face was that of my mothers, the mother I knew. But something didn't feel right. Not at all. This wasn't the mother I knew. I felt that someone was trying to lead me on here, trying to get me to go around in circles, and I wouldn't do it.  Resigned inside and dissapointed  at the aspect of seeing my actual mother, I knew I still needed help. I Cleared my throat loudly hoping to wake her.

"Uhm, ma'am? Excuse me, I'm sorry but I really need help..." I said out loud, hoping to wake her gently and not scare her. She continued quietly snoring on. I exhaled a little annoyed but still trying to be polite I gently put a hand on her arm and shook her very gently saying "Miss? I really need help, I'm sorry to bardge in..." She groggily opened her eyes, almost unphased by my presence. "What do you want?" she said in a gravely voice. I hesitated momentarily, and then answered. "I need to know how to get out of this place...I haven't found anyone else, so I saw you and didn't know where else to go..."

The woman begrudgingly got up, getting slightly angered at her sleep being disturbed and opened the blinds above her bed quickly. She pointed and said "Do you see that mountain?" I nodded quickly. "That mountain, is one of the several that surrounds this place, we're in a valley. You climb that mountain and there's an arena of sorts on the other side, it being surrounded by mountains itself to make the stadium. The only way to get out of here is to get to the other side of those mountains. No one knows whats on the other side " she closed the blinds and said "Thats all I know, take this godforsaken mutt with you. Maybe he'll be more use to you, I don't have one for him.." She said as she pointed towards a golden retreiver by the door in the room as she climbed back in bed, I had so many more questions, but she fell back asleep before I could ask.

I took a breath and walked over to this dog. Leaning foward I looked at its tag, "Hope" it said. Seems like something I would need on this travel. I pat my leg quietly, signing for it to follow me as I went out of the door and the house. Hope followed me as I walked around trying to decide where to go or what to do..it wasn't going to be easy getting back home, but I knew I was going to have to try...

© 2009 Roxie Martelli


Author's Note

Roxie Martelli
Cheesy- but crazy when I dreamt it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on April 20, 2009

Author

Roxie Martelli
Roxie Martelli

Indio, CA



About
Name:Roxanne D.O.B-1/4/1992 Location: Southern California (Coachella Valley) Education: Currently a Senior in High School I really love writing, and am not quite sure what my style is at this po.. more..

Writing
Hope Hope

A Poem by Roxie Martelli