The Eyes of a dead man

The Eyes of a dead man

A Poem by RoyRogers

Oh dead men cant really suffer, can they? When you see the black in their eye and that lifeless stare. When they are polite as ever but there is nothing beneath. When they look into your soul and they could easily destroy you and would feel nothing. Thats not really a man anymore is it? Its a soulless zombie masquerading. Yet people like that can feel almost nothing. They could probably feel the physical realm but not much else. They are absolutely lifeless on the inside and trying to survive the current moment before a true death. That is what we call a free man, but a man without any weakness can destroy anyone. They have nothing holding them back but will and common sense. Someone like that should be dangerous, it makes you wonder, do dead man still hold the capacity for morality or is avoiding trouble just self-preservation?

© 2016 RoyRogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016
Tags: dead, Metaphorical, suffering, depression, emotions, personality, shift, indifference

Author

RoyRogers
RoyRogers

About
So hi I picked the name RoyRogers since its a street and its a beverage and they both start with R. I will write more later about stuff. VIOLA A blank, my lord. She never told her love, But let.. more..

Writing