Society is a lie

Society is a lie

A Poem by RoyRogers

Society is just a world of expectations and when you don't fulfill every single one you get burned. There is no loyalty, there is simple reputation. Its never really you, its just a mask. If you stack the deck you can own the world but you will lose your grip at some point won't you. All the masks are enough to charm but it can never keep them. Since in reality you are not really as charming as you appear. Its just a bunch of cold calculations. When deep down you just a poor little kid who never learned real social skills just how to lie very very well. Your not sure to act but you sure know how to act and play the perfect prince dont you? But what is society but a series of lies? 

© 2016 RoyRogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, this is mostly truth. But, try thinking of society not as an other. Think of society as US.
We are all at fault for the way things are. The more we lie, the more the world becomes a lie.
The more negative thoughts, the more negative people. It is our job to be the truth. Starting at home. Society is individual people co existing. If it sucks as a whole. That is saying each of us is failing at our job to change this lie. The only way to change this lie. Is to be the Truth. Be the good energy on a road full of negativity. Think of yourself as a member of a functioning body. Every part needs to work together to survive. Yes, as a body today we die. That is where the hope lays. In the gift of tomorrow. nurture the good in life and it will start to change around you. :) society is US!

Posted 7 Years Ago


RoyRogers

7 Years Ago

Living in society requires you deal with other people. If being yourself cuases punishment you can o.. read more
CrystleDawn

7 Years Ago

why not chose to be yourself, but yourself in a kind, gracious, more loving way? We have a way of ly.. read more
RoyRogers

7 Years Ago

Since society simply does not work that way. You follow the system or you suffer. That is all there .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 3, 2016
Tags: Lies, perception, reputation, sociology, life, reality

Author

RoyRogers
RoyRogers

About
So hi I picked the name RoyRogers since its a street and its a beverage and they both start with R. I will write more later about stuff. VIOLA A blank, my lord. She never told her love, But let.. more..

Writing