The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Ruzen
"

Nosu begins his journey to become one of the Nine Ninja Overlords begins.

"
"Gather around everyone!" Our mentor yelled at the top of his lungs. "You've all been trained for five years or more for this! This is the day you see who passes to be a ninja or not!" Everyone was invigorated, especially me. "The goal of this excercise is to go into this forest, and kill whoever you see, at the end of one week, anyone who has survived will pass." Everyone around me was looking at me with a look of bloodlust. I always acted very weak, so that nobody would know my true strength. I was most among the strongest of these people. Two hundred people, most of which were about to be slaughtered. I couldn't wait to see how many of those slaughters would be caused by me. "You will have fifteen minutes to search this forest. You may do as you wish in the forest, lay traps, make a base, etcetera. But you can not fight, this is a passive phase, anyone who does fight will be disqualified." Everyone prepared to go into the forest. "Your fifteen minutes begin... Now!" I ran over to the fence protecting the forest and jumped over it. I was of the first five people into the forest. "Light Speed Steps" This technique is used to speed up your body, and enhance your reflexes. There are five levels of this technique. Each higher level of it raises the affect of the technique. It's a master level technique, so there are only few that know it. There are things called jutsu, which you require an element to use them. There is also taijutsu, which requires physical skill, like Light Speed Steps. I sprung up on to a tree and I jumped from tree to tree until I saw someone in a small, open area with no trees. I saw a girl, she was using what looked like earth jutsu to push the ground in, making it look like she was trying to make a shelter of sorts. I marked the location, for I might have my first kill. I continued to look for anyone else, but I didn't see anyone. The fifteen minutes were up and everyone returned to the mentor. "You will have two minutes to prepare your gear. Be ready when the timer beeps." I had my gear prepared already, so I ate a rice roll to restore my energy. When the two minutes were up everyone jumped into the forest, my heart was racing, knowing I could be killed any second, by anyone.


© 2015 Ruzen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015
Tags: Ninja, Fighting, Jutsu, Elemental, Action


Author

Ruzen
Ruzen

About
I am a twelve year old Action/Fantasy writer. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ruzen