Minor details

Minor details

A Chapter by Rick Windson
"

Explanation of the world of Urtas and recent events.

"

Rebellion, Book One of the Warlord

A Novella

By

Rick Windson, Fitz Baldwin


 

Map

 

The Year is 1321. One thousand three hundred and twenty one years since the founding of the Old and Long Gone City of Valeria, which has become the world’s forerunners in civilization, that shaped today’s world.

The Kingdom of Gloucester (shown as sky blue) has recently conquered half of Pictland, and created a wall to protect its newly-conquered territory. King Farris Lionsword and his court rules from LionsPort, but the air of rebellion is thick in New Gloucester.

The once united Kingdom of Elm is divided into two. Its princes fight each other in a bloody melee to snatch the crown of the late King Robert, while dangerous barbarian hordes swarm on its northern borders…

The Free City States (white) continuously hire mercenaries to fight against each other.

The Old Empire, Valeria, now ruled from Konstantiniyye in the south, is now a shadow of its former self. But a Valeria in decline still presents a strong force in both quality and quantity.

The Kingdom of Schwabern lives peacefully, though border disputes with the Free City States occur periodically.

The remaining Pictish Clans plot under the lead of Robert de Douglas, The Lord Douglas. The Clans beyond the wall are being united by this new lord, and presents a serious threat to the kingdom, for they face an imminent rebellion, or worse- an invasion.

***



© 2013 Rick Windson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013