The Blight of Humanity

The Blight of Humanity

A Poem by Ryan M. James

Now as I sit, time seems dormant as though waiting for the lost love of our kind to return. I am ever longing for that spark, that flame, like the first flicker of light from our sun melting away the dew from the darkest nights.
An endless timeless path, patiently teaching patience, lovingly teaching love, reminding us to hope, begging of us our true nature to care and live with compassion.
Now these days follow on, like the hands of a clock, slowly ticking forward like the marching of a tyrants army, a collage of memories and dreams, lapsed time and colourless still shots.
Like footsteps treading a path to an unknown hell we were told was nirvana.
Always waiting, though I am afraid I know not what I long for, always learning yet never growing wise, always dreaming but never living the dreams.
The great social blight of our time is not lack of willingness to change, it is the lack of means to wake.
But now, as I sit, time still dormant, waiting for the dream to be dreamt into reality, a perceptive incongruity, a lost cause has found it's host... Forever waiting for that lost love to return.

-Ryan 

© 2015 Ryan M. James


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What begins here in stagnancy and continues in slow motion ends with the awakening of the active mind, if existing still within that "dormant" time. I am somewhat at a loss for words. Brilliant -- thanks for sharing.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Ryan M. James
Ryan M. James

Brisbane, Australia



About
Ryan James, 29 years old from Brisbane Australia. I have always had a passion for writing, more so asking questions, especially on the topics of religion, psychology, philosophy, sociology and spirit.. more..

Writing