Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Zack Black

Ed sits in the chair that he pulled from his back room and puts a warm washcloth on the Widow's face.
"Sorry again about the stool." says the Widow.
"It's fine! I promise, I love fixing that old thing. I'm just glad you're okay." says Ed with a smile.
"You don't have to keep that towel on my face, it's only a cut." says Widow pushing Ed's hand away.
"I'm just making sure it doesn't get infected. I can't lose my best worker now can I?" asks Ed.
"Aren't I your only worker?" asks the Widow with a chuckle.
"Well yes, but you're the only one who defended the store from bounty hunters." explains Ed.
"Why did they want that book? What's so special about it?" asks the Widow.
"Obviously they wanted to study up on Dragons, but why is a good question. They've been extinct for some time now." answers Ed.
Raven,Ace,April,Shelly, and Emily sit at a table in a small apartment that one of Raven's friends got for her so she could set up base.
"Okay the plan is simple. We have a lot of work to get done. We need to find the fifth Psychic before Sabri rises. This way Aldemar can get you five together, train you, and prevent Aldemar from raising the Dragons. I assume this will be a bigger fight then it seems, so I need all hands on deck. April, Ace and I will continue the search for this final Psychic. Emily and Shelly will stay back here at the capital." explains Raven.
"Why are they staying back?" asks Ace with his legs crossed.
"Shelly needs more time to learn about her powers. And it's probably best to keep two sets of ears in the capital if were going to snooping around here." answers Raven.
"Does mom know?" asks April.
"No, your mother was not informed of this, and I don't plan on telling her." answers Raven.
"I've already done my share of snooping today. There's a bookstore right next to an alley toward the front of the capital." says Emily, leaning forward.
"Keep talking." says Raven.
"Word is, two bounty hunters came in there looking for a book about Dragons." says Emily.
"And we know two bounty hunters who might have an interest in Dragons." says Raven with a sigh.
"I thought we lost them back in that fight with the Emperors." says April, appearing worried.
"Okay look, I have a good number of connections here in the Pagan world. If at anytime you need anything, and I mean anything, give this guy a call." says Raven as she jots down a phone number on a piece of paper. 
"His name is Elijah. Dad was never really around, his mother raised him. He does what he has to in order to make a coin. I gave him a call yesterday to tell him a few friends of mine might give him a call." continues Raven.
Elder Sarah sits at her throne watching over a balcony that looks onto her city. She turns around in her chair at the sound of boots. She gives a surprised face at her visitor.
"Nathan, the newest God of Hell, what do I owe the honor?" asks Elder Sarah standing to greet him.
"Cut the s**t Sarah." says Nathan refusing to shake her hand.
"Now come on Nathan, we can be friends. It doesn't have to be like the days of old. With Lucifer, and Hades, or even the Emperors." pleads Sarah.
"You got this spot by kissing the Emperors a*s. Let's get that straight right now." says Nathan.
"About the only thing straight about you. Of course I should watch what I say, I heard you put your boyfriend on the Council. Kind of funny you talk about me kissing my a*s to power, yet you did the same thing with your boyfriend." says Sarah with a smirk. 
"I could kill you right now and not even blink." says Nathan.
"You could, but you won't. You came here for a reason. You want something." says Sarah keeping her smirk.
"I'm here to warn you." says Nathan sternly.
"What?" says Sarah, whose smirk has turned into a face of worry.
"If you kill that last Necromancer, I will personally unleash the fury of Hell on this planet." says Nathan just as stern.
"I have her in captivity. I didn't kill her yet for that exact reason." says Sarah, lying through her big red, lipstick covered, lips.
"You plan to sell her to the highest bidder?" asks Nathan.
"Possibly." says Sarah trying to hint that, that is exactly her plan.
"How many others have approached you?" asks Nathan.
"Just you, but I assume Heaven will make a trip here soon." says Sarah with a wink, putting her hand on Nathan's shoulder.
"Well when he comes, give me a call. I want to meet the man upstairs." says Nathan.
"Don't we all?" asks Sarah with a cackle to follow.
After Nathan leaves, a guard approaches Elder Sarah. He drops to one knee in front of her.
"You may stand." says Sarah.
"Elder, this may be out of place, but you don't have the Black Widow in captivity." says the Guard.
"And Nathan doesn't have the gull to destroy this city like his predecessors. Looks like we both lied." says Sarah with a smirk.
Back on Earth, in that same small town, Marsha sits at her kitchen table having a cup of coffee, alone. She can't help but think of the things she could have done for her children had she not pushed her Pagan powers to the side to be a normal mother. She takes her hair out of the messy bun she has it in and let's her long hair drop down below her shoulders and she runs her hands through it. Marsha breaks down in tears. 
"My husband is dead. My girls are gone. My dad is dead. My mother is psychotic." says Marsha as she stands up from the table and throws her coffee mug against the wall. Glass flies everywhere, some back at her, some straight down, some to the left, some to the right. One of the shards that came back at her cuts her arm. Marsha watches the blood flow from the cut. It's not a lot of blood, but enough to catch her eye. She stands still, watching it. Then the first drop hits the floor. Then a loud voice echoes throughout the house.
"I am Sabri. And you are my servant." echoes the voice throughout the house.
"Stop!" yells Marsha, starting to get dizzy.
Just as Marsha yells, her dizziness takes over and she falls. A dark green mist flies throughout the house. Then it finally lands right into Marsha's mouth and down her throat. Her eyes turn that dark green color almost immediately. 
"This body fits nicely." says Marsha's body, but with the voice of what was echoing through the house.  


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on May 22, 2015
Last Updated on May 22, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon, psychic, pagan


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black