Time for Bed

Time for Bed

A Story by S4MFrost
"

When you're tired, your mind plays tricks on you.

"
    Sleep. Oh, how I wanted to sleep. My goddamn Physics book was open on the table in front of me, the last few problems scrawled illegibly in my notebook. I dropped the pencil and felt a weak rush of success, but I was too tired to fully appreciate it. I would feel proud of myself in the morning. There was a clock on the wall, but I dared not check the time; it was better not to know at that point.
    I was still unfamiliar with the layout of the dorm room, since it was my first night there, but I knew the bed was around somewhere. I stood up and walked around a corner, and came face to face with my own reflection. My worst suspicions were realized; I looked dreadful. My eyes were red, lined with dark circles, my hair was disheveled, and my posture pathetic. I sighed.
    I examined my face for a good minute or so, sadly drinking in my exhausted state. I squinted my eyes to get a better look. Even though I was far from feeling humorous, in my reflection, a small grin tugged at the corners of my mouth. I reached up to feel my face, but my double didn’t match my movement. Instead, he grinned even wider. That’s when I realized that what I was looking at wasn’t a mirror at all.
.    It was a window.

© 2011 S4MFrost


Author's Note

S4MFrost
Have fun brushing your teeth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on August 22, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011
Tags: Time, for, Bed, scary, creepy, S4MFrost