Silence

Silence

A Poem by Alicante lullaby
"

The silence depressed me.It wasn't the silence of silence.It was my own silence.(Sylvia Plath)

"

It has limbs and living breasts and n*****s.

It has claws and tentacles.

It has a mouth and oh my god,lips too.

And everything in the room and everything around the room seemed to facilitate its entry within me.I could see those dark eyes staring skywards as it sank down...down to my nadir.(The eyes,the eyes exactly resembled mine)

I could hear the gentle tinkling of two forsaken bangles on its brown wrists,lifeless brown wrists limping like dead fish as it evacuated my being of everything...A complete evacuation...the kind of one that you feel when you are sitting on a hospital bed after your first abortion...feeling clean and immaculate  ..feeling clean,immaculate and virginal again ...The silence,my silence shot through me like my own personal enema vacating everything.

Everything was wheezing outside me,as if in a sibilant rhonchi...The world was jampacked with noises and emotions.It felt like all was still pumping,pumping in joie de vivre ,only my body had slumped back into  its  petit mort...sweating and exhausted and totally wasted ..The traffic was speaking,the kabli wala was wailing and there was mama there too,yellow skinned like a Spanish lemon but oh so very silent...I realised we carry this silence in genes and i had thought it would hurt much more to acknowledge that the only thing silent is you,that only thing wrong with you is you.

And I felt   like a one year old  horrifyingly lonely with a tongue  that no one understands.

 I had already told him...

I'll survive everything...three coats of my lipshade and many more coats of this makeup and layers and layers of clothing and then the bouts of ecstasy and irrepressible sadness and occasional dishevelling and then retreading..

My death shall be this silence, my silence.

You were curing the wrong thing...this silence is my death.

© 2011 Alicante lullaby


Author's Note

Alicante lullaby
just trying my hand on something...i know its repetitive.repeats itself again and again...suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
wouldn't change a thing either!! it is wonderfully descriptive, almost as if you've opened your mind and let us take a peek into its workings!! great imagery and very well written!! nice!! (and happy birthday - for yesterday/today! - serah's message :p)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow...you left me with that feeling when one can grasp the very emotions that the writer is feeling...this creativeness can only come from one who throws themselves into the unknown of the unknown...

exceptional work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is like reading your mind. I like it as is.
I understand what you are saying here.
So well written, it lingers. Makes you think.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


it's perfect . . . no suggestions at all, your words are your power, your power is your lifeforce

I can identify with that completely

Posted 13 Years Ago


you are one of the most powerful writers i read , nothing held back , thought and emotion put forth in vivid language ... the last line is the story ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You create a picture of desolation and, as you put it, evacuation... like a thorough purging of one's very essence.. the clean up of a dead body... the silent conclusion... I don't always understand but I am always fascinated and stimulated...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel this was powerpacked and filled with interesting vocabulary...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2011

Author

Alicante lullaby
Alicante lullaby

About
The Hanging Man By the roots of my hair some god got hold of me. I sizzled in his blue volts like a desert prophet. The nights snapped out of the sight like a lizard's eyelid: The wor.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Poem by Alicante lullaby



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..