untitled

untitled

A Poem by Alicante lullaby

Gymkhana and Clara both very white,chalk white.Her eyes mesmerise me,there is something fishy about them,fish like-huge and shallow and dilated...one just cant see ''into her'' through them...pretty much like those PC pools you bathed in with her after we had a semi-break up and you told me on a long distance call how she smelt of china clay and canned fish...that day my writing lost its complexity...i became very hollow and very woman...

Bling jewellery,Clara,Gymkhana and cheap cigarette...She weeps over Tony Morrison's ''the bluest eye'' looking ridiculously white mourning Pecola and i cant help but smirk at the contrast...Clara seems like those curly haired male-feminists we left back in college who used to rub their crotches clumsily at the sight of anything even remotely feminine...

I keep my mascara and my middle class morality along with a mini pack of whitening cream in my purse....i revel in all the reasons Clara gives me to pity myself ...

© 2011 Alicante lullaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

u r d best sahar... Encore encore... I luv readin u...

Posted 12 Years Ago


...i became very hollow and very woman...

I have missed your writing

and I know why you dont title certain poems ... sometimes meaning has no words

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2011
Last Updated on July 16, 2011

Author

Alicante lullaby
Alicante lullaby

About
The Hanging Man By the roots of my hair some god got hold of me. I sizzled in his blue volts like a desert prophet. The nights snapped out of the sight like a lizard's eyelid: The wor.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Poem by Alicante lullaby