Marie The Mermaid and Birth of The Master of Demons

Marie The Mermaid and Birth of The Master of Demons

A Story by Sona

I lived in a river named Esmeralda. Please don’t get surprised as Mermaid lives under water. So has been told in different tales since many centuries. I know those human tales as whenever any child tried to get into river, his parents used to tell him stories that Mermaids will pull him under water and take him to their world never to return him back. I have seen lots of children started crying and swearing that they will never come anywhere near to river. It spared their parents from constant worries that their child might get drown in the river.  However, Esmeralda kept on attracting humans because of its mysterious charm. Its cool water was as green as its name. It was covered from a side by Glorious snow capped Mountain range of Esmond.


One day, I was sitting on a rock, unlocking my golden curly locks and I saw a round thing splashed across the water near the bank and children came running after it. That round thing, with which children were playing, started moving towards me by fast currents of river. When children saw round thing moving ahead into the river, they stopped at the bank looking at it with greedy eyes. All of them but one turned their backs to it and returned homes with dampened spirits. I could see his eyes blazing with resolution. Then suddenly, he jumped into the river and started swimming towards the round thing. 


As the round thing kept drifting towards me, I jumped off into river quickly as it was taboo to be seen by humans in our world. As I was getting into the depth of river swiftly moving my tail, I saw that boy came swimming near to the round thing. He grabbed it and smiled like he has triumphed the world. While I was wondering on this incident, I heard a voice, “Marie! What are you looking at?”  It startled me and when I looked back, I found my dearest friend Julia looking at me with her curious green eyes. She looked in the same direction and found that child swimming back to bank. It seemed alarming to her as well as Humans never entered river because of the fear drafted in their minds since childhood about Esmeralda and mermaids.


“It is not good to be so near to Humans, Marie.” Julia Said.


“I was just enjoying sunshine.”I said, showing resistance with my blue eyes.


“You are also aware about those dreadful demons who are wandering over Esmeralda to catch any mermaid or human they get their hands onto. Still U dared to go above the waters??” Julia said with a touch of pain and annoyance.


“I am sorry. OK??” I said, nervously playing with my luscious long hair.


“It is good that u went above river surface in broad daylight. If u went out in the night, Even Sea god Poseidon could not have saved you. Humans are safe because those demons don’t come over land surfaces”. Julia Said.


“I got your point. I will not go over river surface”. I said, kissing on her rosy cheek.


She smiled and patted my back and said, “Please take care of yourself as you are everything I have got”.


I nodded sincerely and it made me recall that terrible tragedy which happened years ago in which Julia lost her family.


On a cold night, Julia’s mother was awoken by terrible nightmares she kept having since birth of her 2 Yrs old son Jon. When she went to cuddle her son, she could not find him in his play pond sleeping. She awoke her husband Julian crying that their son was missing. Julia and I got awoke hearing such loud noises. Julian appeased her wife Sandra and asked me and Julia to take care of each other whilst both of them went searching for Jon. That was the last night we saw them. Sea guards told us the next day that even after resisting them, they breached perimeter and went looking for Jon over the river surface. They did not see them returning. Many events like this one put permanent barring for any mermaid to go over the surface. It became a permanent scar in Julia’s memory and I was so sorry to scratch that scar again by my stupid act.


Many centuries passed by. Scars in our hearts started healing out. We forgot about demons who were patiently waiting for their chance. Then one evening, I saw a huge boat sailing over head. It was a bit disturbing as I never saw humans coming into water this late. It seemed to me that the tales lingering centuries ago stopped bothering humans anymore which is why they dared to enter into Esmeralda. I decided to follow that boat.

It was shining with hundreds of lights. There was loud music. Young People were dancing, singing, laughing and chatting animatedly with each other.  Boat went deeper into Esmeralda, I kept following it and none was aware of the danger they were getting themselves into. It started getting darker.  When I looked up to the sky, It was totally dark and looked like to me that Demons started whirling in it. Then suddenly, a human looked towards the sky and noticed it as well.


He exclaimed to person sitting nearby: “Hey Look! Does it not look like that people are playing over the clouds??”


Then the sky thundered and roared like it was about to fall apart. A demon flied down to the boat. All music, dance, laughter came to a halt and turned into a grim silence. His face was dark, eyes blazing red, ear pointed and he was throwing some scent off which was making me drowsy.  Then he smiled towards the humans and called one of them, “Come to me, my child. I need you.  


That Human girl started moving towards him in a trance state.  Rest of the crowd stood like they were half-asleep. Then the demon kissed her on neck for long time. When he turned his face towards rest of them and smiled, his teeth were dripping blood. It felt like that my heart stopped and a cold ran through my whole body.


Then he roared, “Let the feast begins”.  Sky roared with laughter. Dozens of demons started circling the boat for the lust of human flesh and blood. Then they cornered humans and started eating and ripping off their bodies.


Whilst they were engaged in wild act, suddenly a demon noticed me. His eyes blazed with excitement and joy of success.  I froze there and he moved towards me and finally started circling over my head. He raised his finger and lifted me out in a cocoon of a water ball. All of them were engaged in their wild acts, licking their tongues when they looked at me. One of them, probably their leader said, “Finally after wait of centuries, we have our hands on a Virgin mermaid. Now we can bring the master to the earth“.


Then they all took me with them above the clouds to a place, which was called birthplace of demons. It was hidden in mountains. They took me to a cave. The leader approached me and said, “Since many centuries, we were looking for a virgin mermaid perfect to carry seed of our master. In that search, we have captured hundreds of them from different rivers and seas. Now we have found you who is perfect to carry seed of him. Now you shall do as I say and In return, I will leave people of your herd untouched. “


I was bound in that water ball unable of doing anything. It took my all strength to move my head to and fro mentioning my BIG NO.  I saw his eyes burnt with anger. He ordered one of the demons. However, I could not hear what he said. That demon brought out another water ball which was carrying Julia’s brother. He looked like that there was no life in him except that his eyes were open and he recognized me in the same instant.


The leader came close to me and felt like he was whispering in my ears, “If you do not get ready to do as I say, I will slaughter him and every other kith and kin of yours one by one. Interested in a demo? “


Tears started rolling down my cheek. I gave up all hope. There was no one to save us. It was all obvious that I will have to do as he says.


Then I said merely whispering, “I am ready to do as you say. Please promise that you leave all of them.”


Leader laughed and said, “I do promise in the name of Master”.


Then they have moved me further into caves until I came to realize that there was no further end.


There was a pond. In that pond, hundreds of piranhas were jumping, showing their sharp teeth, ready to get their bite into their prey. They started immersing me into that pond. Piranha got eager and started to jump out of water to take a bite. Leader appeased them with just a motion of his hand.


Then looking at me, He said, “These piranhas will make egg out of your womb”.

And finally once I was in water, he smiled and turned his back onto me. Piranhas were still far away from me like waiting for some command. Then suddenly water started bubbling behind. When I looked back, a giant piranha bigger than my size came into my view. It made me shiver even though water was quite warm. As that giant piranha kept moving towards me, I lost my consciousness.


When I woke up, my head was full of pain. My eyes were dizzying and I found myself surrounded with that pack of piranhas. They were taking out something from my womb.  I was so numb that I could not even move myself. Then again came a roar of laughter, “Finally we achieved egg of Satan.” Hearing such words, I scared to the death and again lost consciousness.


When I awoke again, I found myself into Esmeralda. Besides me, I found Julia and her family, anxiously waiting. Then they told me their story of capture and that those demons fed onto their blood since many centuries. They thanked me for kindness shown to them.

However, it was very painful for me to recollect events happened inside the cave and that I have given birth to the Master of demons. I was so disappointed that I literally thought of killing myself. However, I made myself understood that I was the only one who was aware of this incident and I should share this with our lord who was shelter for all of us since thousands of centuries. When I reached the palace, I asked Sentry that I needed to meet with our lord urgently. He informed the lord and I have been asked for to be presented in front of lord.


When I went inside, Lord Frederick was sitting on a high chair dwelling on some thought. He could not hear my footsteps. Then I cleared my throat and said, “My gracious lord! Please take me in your refuge so that I can share for what I have come this far. “

Lord Frederick looked at me with his blue eyes and said, “I grant you the refuge. Speak without fear. “


After hearing such words, I explained incident that took place while demons took me to the cave.  I told him how they stole my piece of womb and gave birth to their master. I noticed his eyes getting widened with fear and apprehension. He sat still for many minutes as if he was carved out of stone. Then suddenly his eyes shone with determination and resolution. His body moved and then he replied, “Marie! I know a Saint who can help us come out of this danger. He lives in Pacific sea far-far away from here. Legends say that He knows everything and can give solution to any problem to this world. He is our only hope. We will set out for our journey tonight only.” After saying so, he became quite. However, it threw me into whirls of emotions fearing about dangers which we will have to face in our journey of outer world. I left the palace and went home to prepare for journey awaited.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Sona


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello! I came across your work from the 100% review forum and since it is not reviewed yet, I decided to give it a go :)

Unfortunately, I am reading this in a rushed manner. While it is not the most profound of stories (don't worry, even I am not that profound), the general impression is casual and good for easy-reading.

I think the font, layout and paragraphing of a long story is important because the presentation plays a huge role in determining if the reader wants to continue for future chapters or even read the whole thing thoroughly. It has been a pleasant reading session and I enjoyed the plot. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sona

10 Years Ago

Thanks for review.. :) It is my first story .. Found your review very encouraging..Appreciate it.. :.. read more
Decanter Red

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :)



Reviews

I really liked the story...
you have nice imagination :)
I can totally relate to this story :)
Keep writing!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story sounds good and while reading and reaching in the end it keeps a feeling of to know about the end. So would like to know the end of the story and it does involves ones thought process to know what next.
so its good but little scary from children prespective.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sona

10 Years Ago

Appreciate your feedback..This idea came to me based on a nightmare i had once.. :) It was so scary... read more
Hello! I came across your work from the 100% review forum and since it is not reviewed yet, I decided to give it a go :)

Unfortunately, I am reading this in a rushed manner. While it is not the most profound of stories (don't worry, even I am not that profound), the general impression is casual and good for easy-reading.

I think the font, layout and paragraphing of a long story is important because the presentation plays a huge role in determining if the reader wants to continue for future chapters or even read the whole thing thoroughly. It has been a pleasant reading session and I enjoyed the plot. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sona

10 Years Ago

Thanks for review.. :) It is my first story .. Found your review very encouraging..Appreciate it.. :.. read more
Decanter Red

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: Mermaid, Demon

Author

Sona
Sona

India



About
IT Professional, Passionate about books. What I dream about since long is to become a successful author. Trying to venture into this industry beginning from here. Need lots of support, guidance and.. more..

Writing