The Divinity in Little Memories!

The Divinity in Little Memories!

A Story by Samhitha Mopati
"

Some events in life change you completely as a person!You feel the "divinity" within you has risen car games that are cool

"
I spent my childhood years at Chennai, in India. They say, what we become in our life, is mostly influenced by what we were, as a child! Out of the plethora of experiences I had, I'm going to recite one beautiful story that brings tears to my eyes even now! Every evening, I would insist my friends to relish upon our favorite snack, pani-puri at Lakhanwaala's place! Pani-puri a famous Indian street-snack, with it's own sweet-sour flavor, is an irresistible delicacy! Though in India, we have stalls selling pani-puri almost in every nook and corner of the streets, we girls made sure we only ate at Lakhan uncle's stall! We never pondered over the reason; maybe it was our sweet chatter with him about food, or maybe his two year old son who attracted us to play with him.
Somehow, that place became routine for us! Lakhan uncle was the best pani-puri seller in the world for us then! He would recite to us, all varieties of stories ranging from human behavior to horror!He often used to repeat, "What we shall see in life, who we shall become in life, and who we meet in our life is decided by destiny!" As tiny children, we would never know what he meant.All we needed, was an extra pani-puri to eat, a nice story to listen and voila; the day would automatically become pleasant! Lakhan uncle had all sorts of customers; some were polite and smiling aunties gossiping among themselves, some were rude and bashful uncles, and most were school-children like us, jolly and care-free about the existing world! The only object of constancy was Lakhan uncle's sweet and obliging smile that endeared him to everybody in town!
After six years of spending a majestic childhood in Chennai, my family and I shifted to Hyderabad! I still remember Lakhan uncle's words before parting, "Be satisfied with yourself and your ideas because when you are content, you become capable!"At first, I longed for those friends, those pani-puris and those nectar-sweet words, but eventually, life gets us camouflaged to the situation. As I grew up, I realized that power-rangers are only powerful on TV and that there is no such thing called as a "magic pencil." As children, we are all fooled by our parents and the society, into a world of fantasy: something which probably never exists! Lakhan uncle was still, the hero of my life! I longed to see him and to eat his pani-puris! I wanted to know if he still had the same bald head. Did he find himself another set of young children to entertain? Probably no! We were the best set of kids and nobody can replace us...
But as they say, humans are forgetful and unfaithful!In my 10th grade, I had to represent my school's quiz team and a group of five including me were sent to Chennai for three days. I decided to visit my old friends and school after the quiz finished! I had a relaxed time chilling out with them, and we all decided to have pani-puris! At the thought of it, the glimpse of Lakhan uncle struck my mind! I questioned my friends about him eagerly. I told them I dearly wished to go back to that serene place and relish pani-puri. There was a sudden moment of silence after which my friend told me that Lakhan uncle had passed away a month ago! I was horrified, "A MONTH AGO?!?!? SERIOUSLY!? HOW??"
To which she replied, "He battled with lung cancer for two years and eventually gave up!" 
I cried within myself that whole day! Before sleeping, all sorts of thoughts struck me. Why had God sent me to Chennai one month after his death ? I was perfectly happy living away, imagining everything to be fine! Why did he open my dreaming eyes? My questions found an answer to them finally. Lakhan uncle came in my dreams and repeated, "What we shall see in life, who we shall become in life, and who we meet in our life is decided by destiny! Destiny chose that we meet and our meeting may have been short, but it was totally worth it..."
I felt as if divinity struck me like a thunder-bolt, and I woke up to grow from there on..................

© 2015 Samhitha Mopati


Author's Note

Samhitha Mopati
This is a beautiful chapter in the story of my life! I plan to preserve it in the pages of my heart forever..!























car games that are cool

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A powerful story. You brought into old city and introduce me to good people.
"What we shall see in life, who we shall become in life, and who we meet in our life is decided by destiny! Destiny chose that we meet and our meeting may have been short, but it was totally worth it..."
I do like the wisdom above a lot. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)









read more



Reviews

Beautiful story. Very touching and have quite a powerful message.
"What we shall see in life, who we shall become in life, and who we meet in our life is decided by destiny! " I liked this a lot, i may not believe in Destiny because i believe that God lets things happen for a reason and brings across different people and situations in our lives for our betterment :-)
Very good wisdom and it reminds me of my grand parents when i speak with them about certain things.

Thanks for sharing, all the best in your story and life. :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


That made me feel teary-eyed. It was a very sweet and enlightening story. Lakhan uncle was a kind and a wise man in spite of his own personal battling. He surely made a difference to a lot of people in his life. His legacy lives on, through your sweet sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A wistful, endearing and charming story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Good job Samhitha of sharing your heartfelt memory!

Kind regards,

Helena :)



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

Thank you Helena ! :)

Kindest regards,

Samhitha
This is a lovely story about a bittersweet experience. Losing someone that has been a constant in one's childhood is always difficult and devastating. Though, it seems that everything he has taught remains a constant within you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

Thanks Mai! :-)
Life's journey brings us great opportunity.
You seem to have captured a moment unending.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

:) Thanks!
A powerful story. You brought into old city and introduce me to good people.
"What we shall see in life, who we shall become in life, and who we meet in our life is decided by destiny! Destiny chose that we meet and our meeting may have been short, but it was totally worth it..."
I do like the wisdom above a lot. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)









read more
This is a wonderful memory. The way you wrote it had me glued to it till the end. Mesmerising and beautiful, it leaves the reader with a thought for the entire life. Really meaningful. Thanks for sharing such an awe-inspiring memory. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

My pleasure ! :) I'm humbled...
Certain people leave their foot prints in the sands of time, and awaken in our memories every now and then, compelling us to move ahead towards a better self. This story/incident was worth reading and thanks for RR :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

The pleasure is mine....:)
can feel the pain in this one....some truths hurt us again and again and it sometimes become difficult to bear the brunt of those....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

Thank you! :) Making the readers feel the pain was my motto!




.. read more
This is spine chilling.. all our life we meet a lot of people and stay in touch with just a handful.. its really gud that your shared the story here not only as a memory but ode to that person too..
well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

Thanks Nazia ! :)









read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2015
Last Updated on March 1, 2015
Tags: divinity, sweet, polite

Author

Samhitha Mopati
Samhitha Mopati

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
A girl with a generous and dwindling soul, attempting to speak my heart out to the world. I'm enamoured by people and their behavior and often dedicate my poems and articles to them. I'm seventeen ye.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..