The Proverb Poem of Love

The Proverb Poem of Love

A Poem by RHEA CROSLEY
"

A comparison of shallow sensual desire verses love done as a poetic proverb.

"

I have been to day where love abides
it is here where distraction hides.

A wedding oh so fine
That will stand the test of time.

This is the place where focus is intent
Where the one loved is heaven sent.

It is not a place of malcontent.
Nor is it a position that is intolerant.

It is a place where one sees what is best.
It is where goodness and light are present.

There is a wonderful bending of time,
a spontaneous blending of the divine.

Where love lavishes over one and then the other.
Like the blending of one stream completely to another.

It is this love that leads to a unison of body soul and spirit.
A place of no shameful remorse but of golden peace to those who enter it.

Sex without love is like a bird without wings in a dark night.
It flutters and bangs around but never takes flight.

Sex with love gives instead of takes.
Love with sex does not need to fake.


For sex and desire being alone are brutish beast that rob the soul and sever.
But true love has a well of life that springs within to be drunk forever.
 

© 2008 RHEA CROSLEY


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Where love lavishes over one and then the other.
Like the blending of one stream completely to another"

What a place to be :) This is a beautiful piece... truly beautiful. It defines love.

I personally think that sex was designed for soulmates... for love. Not to be used and abused as it is, which is why you will not find any erotica writes from me, or if I come close to it, only in the light of love. I feel very strongly about that. That is the place where souls touch, and I don't think it wise to just let any soul touch one's own. But that is my own personal opinion, and I am in no way judging another's point of view, only giving mine. :)

You are very insightful and soulful. I really enjoy reading your work and listening to what you have to say.
Not to mention you're a fabulous writer! :)

Thank you again Rhea! Blessings my friend..


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully written....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I came to read, I expected no thing, but what I found, it is a wonderful creation! Now this is creativity to me. You defined love in a marriage in the rules of love itself. Playful, your using proverbs. Here where I live is marriage often an 'institution', it is different somehow, than in the States, here no one wants to get married, in the states marriage is still a highest goal between two people, so I perceive. When I hear here and there in germany that getting married is better for taxes and how people speculate about it, it makes me sad. So magnificiet to read a poem about it which makes a difference.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There were a few problem places in this one. "It is a place where one sees what is best.
It is where goodness and light are present." The problem here, of course, is the lack of rhyme. I see several ways it could be solved: "sees what is heaven-sent" or "where goodness and light rest" or even "sees what will weather/goodness and light come together"

Another rough spot is "Where love lavishes over one and then the other.
Like the blending of one stream completely to another." I realize this has already been noted as a favorite of someone's but to me it felt a bit technical. Yes, they both rhyme, but so would "blending of one stream completing another."

As the ladies below have mentioned, this is one of your better efforts. Keep writing.
Susan

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sensuality and spirituality are deeply entwined, deftly braided together by the hand of God. Man has endeavored for years to separate them with the fingers of judgment, but they remain one and rub up against what is sacred and Holy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhea, i will be honest with y a, this is one of your best works yet. I really liked it. It held a deep place in my heart. I agree, i have struggled with the notion of sex, for years, and I always knew that it was meant to be in the confines of marriage. I like this line the best:

"It is this love that leads to a unison of body soul and spirit.
A place of no shameful remorse but of golden peace to those who enter it."

"the shameful remorse" you speak about it is what i expeirenced.

"Sex without love is like a bird without wings in a dark night.
It flutters and bangs around but never takes flight."

This is so true. When you make love to somoene, truly "know" you will be with them for all eternity, that must be freedom. Instead of waking up asking, "okay, where are we going from here?"

(but again, i've been torn for years...bec relatinships have proven to be more misery for me...that's why i have written some erotica on my site..mostly from a year or more ago. and some i write i never put on this site, keep to myself. hee hee) anyway.........

What you say in this poem is so divine, and is a very good message. keep sharing the good word. thanks.

your cafe friend, kena



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a passionate and well written write filled with emotion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful flowing piece of the proverbials words
that remain in the heart, such a wonderful way of looking
at the love that touched you with forever...

'But true love has a well of life that springs within to be drunk forever.'

such a beautiful way to word in all with these final words!
Very beautifully written!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very beautifully written! Good job...

Sex with love gives instead of takes.
AMEN!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I see where You're coming from, and in particular this make me read the poem thrice:

"Sex with love gives instead of takes.
Love with sex does not need to fake"

Not sure we agree 100%, but You do have a point here, and You state it very clearly.

Thank You for sharing this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so deeply passionate and spiritual at the same time. Lovely flow of such wisdom and insight into love and sex=) Beautiful write!=)


For sex and desire being alone are brutish beast that rob the soul and sever.
But true love has a well of life that springs within to be drunk forever.

I love that Rhea..indeed I agree!=)


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1148 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 7, 2008
Last Updated on June 7, 2008

Author

RHEA CROSLEY
RHEA CROSLEY

Annapolis, MD



About
The next paragraph is when I first started with writing on WritersCafe. Since then I have been happily married to Sabine my wonderful, beautiful godly french/American wife. Between us we have 10 Child.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..