Finesse

Finesse

A Chapter by SadieNichole14

    Looking for Alaska. I relate to this story solely on the fact that I lost my friend in a car accident 1 year, 15 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes ago to date. 
    When you're walking home at night, do you ever get creeped out and even though it's silly and embarrassing you just want to run home?"
It seemed too secret and personal to admit to virtual stranger, but I told her, "Yeah, totally."
For a moment, she was quiet. Then she grabbed my hand, whispered, "Run run run run run," and took off, pulling me behind her.- Looking For Alaska by John Green

    My duffle bag is packed and awaits me at the door. I will be setting out for another glorious adventure. I always take care to document my trips now, memories seem to get lost over time. So far this year I have traveled to:

Auburn, California
Napa, California
San Francisco, California
Blue Lake, California

And tomorrow I will be heading to San Francisco, then to Los Angeles. That I believe is all the traveling I will be able to go on this year. I was planning a trip to Finland, but money isn't easy to come across. I believe the longest trip lasted almost a month, 22 days if I'm not mistaken. That was the summer I got to know her. Every summer I remember that trip, the atmosphere of all the different places. I don't know about you, but I feel different atmospheres in different places. So recalling those memories goes a little like this;   "It was a warm summer night. I'd just taken a nice shower. I left my shoes back at the cabin; the warm cement felt amazing on my soles. My hair was chlorine damaged, and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I was afraid of walking back on the gravel road barefoot. I didn't want to step on a snake or spider. I also didn't want to go home. I felt as if I would never be able to enjoy staying in one place for too long. But I missed my parents and dog. 
That's what it's like. I still don't feel at home, I think I should be moving constantly. But it's a lonely world so maybe that's why I stay?. 


© 2017 SadieNichole14


Author's Note

SadieNichole14
I am slowly improving my grammar and spelling. All photos are mine. I use a Nikon d3200. Story is true and I was fifteen at the time of the longest trip.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just found this site. Your piece here, your share, my first poem read here. Deep, personal. I feel the energy- and think it is indeed quite a piece of freedom. The bio, or part of the friend, lost in a car accident, i know about loss. But best to know- they are with us, especially when we hold something of theirs, or a memory shared. I just feel."May you let go the emptiness." Feel their embrace in the warm sun, or soft breeze, when it's a calm day- and you know, they are still with you.
Thanks for sharing the adventure. Amazing.
Doug.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017
Tags: photography, story, adventure, 18, eighteen, nikon, writing, finesse, living, lit, rad, city, la, sanfrancisco, roadtrip


Author

SadieNichole14
SadieNichole14

CA



About
Favorite: When you're walking home at night, do you ever get creeped out and even though it's silly and embarrassing you just want to run home?" It seemed too secret and personal to admit to a vi.. more..

Writing