Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Salanor

"A new one."
It was dark. A little too dark, so that the woman in the small room almost tripped over her own dress. "What did you say?" She whispered curiously, in a high-pitch voice. "You don't have to whisper, we live here," a girl, obviously younger than the woman in the long dress and with a much lower voice responded. She was standing by the window, which was very dangerous and which you should never try when a window is open, and smiled a bit, as she saw an old, rusty car drive into the village. "A new one." The girl repeated, and she stroke the grey ribbon that was in her hair. The woman started to smile. The smile became a chuckle, and the chuckle became a loud laugh. "Yes, finally, at last!" She cried and she pulled the girls dress to get her attention. "Oooh, can I...?"
The girl rolled her eyes and sighed. "Sure, whatever," she said and the woman ran away to another room, almost tripping over her dress again. Calmly, the girl with the grey ribbon followed the woman to the other room. The room was almost as dark as the first room and it was full of machines, gears, screws and other things. There was also a large lever. The woman walked up to the lever en put her hands on it. Uncertain she looked to the younger girl.
I'm sorry, but I have to warn you that if you come across a lever in an old and dark castle, you shoul NOT pull it. Bad things can happen if you do, believe me. But if you live in an old and dark castle with a lever in it, you're allowed to pull it of course, because it is in your own home and most of the time you know what the lever is for. Luckily, the woman and the girl knew exactly what their lever was for.

The girl nodded an with an enormous force, the woman pulled the lever. Immediately, all the machines started moving and made a loud noise. From the next room, another loud noise could be heard, as if they were moving the decor of a play.

"It won't take long, I'm sure of it." The woman said and the girl nodded again.



© 2011 Salanor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011


Author

Salanor
Salanor

Netherlands



About
Dear fellow readers and writers, Note that I usually write in Dutch, and that the credit for the ideas for my stories goes to the ones who experienced them, all I did is write them down. Salanor.. more..

Writing