You and I

You and I

A Story by Aleanor
"

An individual’s devotion for another.

"



















We cross the bridge together, you and I.

 

The pink leaves fell on us, caressing our skin like a lover’s touch.  I cling to you, not wanting to lose you.  The soothing grip of your hand consoles me.  Your smile held my attention.

 

I love you.  I worship you.  I feel safe, a golden security of your unchanging hands.  You held me close as you guide me across the bridge. 

 

I need you.  You are my air, my happiness, my hope.  Your luminosity keeps me from self-destruction. 

 

We made it cross, you and I.  The gates of possibilities await us.

© 2012 Aleanor


Author's Note

Aleanor
This is basically inspired by a prompt for a website. I will leave this up to people's interpretation. Is it romance or something more?

Ignore the grammar problems...for now. If you think I can improve this piece, let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is profoundly stunning, just utterly stunning. Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really, really, love this! Great job, the ending was my favorite. I love endings that leave people thinking.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012
Tags: drabble, orginial, ambigous

Author

Aleanor
Aleanor

About
What can I say about myself? I love to write. I've been doing it since I was a kid, basically. I love french fries and can't wait for White Collar's Four Season. Also, the Walking Dead is awesome.. more..