The Boy With The Teddy

The Boy With The Teddy

A Poem by Sally Hope
"

Because my echo is the only voice coming back; shadow - the only friend that I have.

"

lonely.jpg

THE BOY WITH THE TEDDY

 

A boy stands on the deserted road, his friend - Teddy - by his side.

Wonders he: “What have I done, to be the one, to get left behind?”

No answers appear, for nobody remains with loving arms open wide.

No answers appear, for there are none to give - atleast, none that sound genial.

 

The streetlight flickers - a lonely guardian of the night; the boy’s confusion grows.

Wonders he: “Why am I the only one who needs to lead his life, alone?”

No answers appear, for nobody remains except he on the empty road.

No answers appear, for there are none to give - atleast, none he hasn’t already been told.

 

The wind picks up speed - a lonely, piercing whisper; the boy’s eyes widen with fear.

Wonders he: “What if I have lost each and everyone I have ever held dear?”

No answers appear, for nobody remains to hear his silent tears.

No answers appear, for there are none to give - atleast, none he would want to hear.

 

The monstrous trees shake their heads; the boy heaves a heavy sigh.

Wonders he: “Will anyone ever look beyond themselves, and see me standing by?”

No answers appear, for nobody remains to tell him it will be alright.

No answers appear, for there are none to give - atleast, none followed by a smile.

 

The distant screech of worn tires on road: The boy looks up with hope.

Wonders he: “Can this be the one last way left to take me back home?”

No answers appear, for nobody stops for the boy standing on the road.

No answers appear, for there are none to give - atleast, none he would want to know.

 

The long road still stretches ahead; the boy shivers and pulls his teddy close.

Wonders he: “Will anyone ever stop for me, and offer to take me home?”

But the answer was given, and the boy knew that: With his teddy, he walked down the road.

Perhaps, he’ll reach his home by morning … But there’s still a long, long way to go.

 

*  *  *








 

© 2015 Sally Hope


Author's Note

Sally Hope
Was watching Artificial Intelligence (Hail Spielberg!). Suggestions would be most welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are a very talented writer indeed.
All your writing have really awesome story lines that leave the readers wanting more.
This story was great, meaning behind it, the few rhymes, the emotion everything was great.
All comes together really well.
Keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Aw, thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks, again, for your heartfelt review, Cimmy :.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

8 Years Ago

Your welcome no worries. I really love your poetry :)



Reviews

You are a very talented writer indeed.
All your writing have really awesome story lines that leave the readers wanting more.
This story was great, meaning behind it, the few rhymes, the emotion everything was great.
All comes together really well.
Keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Aw, thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks, again, for your heartfelt review, Cimmy :.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

8 Years Ago

Your welcome no worries. I really love your poetry :)
Unfortunately, I have not seen Artificial Intelligence, so I can't relate to your poem in this way. I was, however, impressed with both the style and the sentiment behind it, simply as a response to loneliness and/or rejection. The repetitive last line openings with the subtle changes served to heighten the pathos.
Moving and compelling to read. Thank you.

Norman

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Your review is really helpful, and I appreciate .. read more
What a brilliant, wildly living glimpse at life and existence in a world that so seldom feels like home. Could feel myself there, could relate so well to the boy seeking the way, the acceptance, the love. Your words are tender and stirring. And ah, AI... good for inspiration to be sure. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for that wonderful review! It really means a lot that you took the time to read th.. read more
Great description made the story come alive. Artwork came alive and you create situation and vision for the reader to think about. Thank you Sally for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mesmerizing text...enjoyed reading it! You have such a way with writing down a story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for that appreciation, LaShaye! It means so much.
This story is spellbinding and the verse so well written I was a willing captive from start to finish. Bravo! ~Sharon

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sharon. It really means a lot that you took the time to read .. read more
Haunting. Nicely written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. It really means a lot.
This is beautiful, it's rhythm is perfect and it reads like a dream. I love the story being told it holds so much melancholy and at the same time it made me think hard about many things. I know it's not connected but this actually made me think of the migrant crisis and all the children that get lost or left behind or taken. It made me sad but almost in a good way because it has a hopeful ending that no matter how far it is there is a light at the end. Absolutely brilliant, love it X

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the beautiful review, BlaqkShadow. I'm glad you saw the poem this way, and tha.. read more
This is really good!!! I love it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Lost R- I mean, Ruby :) I'm glad you loved it.
Dead

8 Years Ago

:) You're very welcome
I really liked this. I think it can have many different meanings, depending on the thoughts of the reader. I think, possibly, from an adult's point of view it could having that longing to go back to childhood -- to simpler days. Wanting to return to the childhood home but, as we all know, we are unable to do that because of responsibilities, careers, etc. It could have meaning for a child in foster care - wanting to be adopted and feeling like no one cares. I think a piece like this, with different meanings is the sign of a good writer. Very well done. (Love the picture too!)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally Hope

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for that wonderful review, Melissa! It truly means a lot that you took the time to.. read more
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1531 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 18, 2015
Tags: Dark, Loneliness, poem, poetry, boy, child, fiction, hope

Author

Sally Hope
Sally Hope

The City of Joy



About
"I have come to seek a Great Perhaps." PS: I'm catching up on my read-requests. Please consider my paramount indolence. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..