The Torment

The Torment

A Poem by Maan
"

Life? I don't know. . But yeah may be life

"
No one can understand,
Cause no one is cognizant,
It’s not hard to find,
It’s just grueling to deal,

How honest I am,
How proficient you are,
To hold on with regret,
To let go euphorically,

All you’ll get is infliction,
Or might end up insane,
It’s not hard to contend,
But you need to know, why?

It’s elementary as breaths,
But delicate as breathing,
And you can’t complain,
In the game of no gain,

You’ll start reasonless,
End up unknown,
Your weapon is silence,
For everyone in lane,

Questions are unnecessary,
Persistence is compulsory,
Withdrawal is conclusion,
Beginning it means

© 2012 Maan


Author's Note

Maan
This poem is for the person name 'ME. I don't know who is he but he is, somewhere.. somewhere in lots of pain, agony, in complete suffering. I was sitting in my university's library when I wrote this poem. Was watching everyone around me, laughing, texting, chatting, mocking, gossiping. I was the only lost soul among those on ones but my picture's background actors. I hope you'll find some meaning in my 'I don't know'. Do let me know your views about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece is a little enigmatic, but not overly so. I do like your fourth stanza the most. In the first stanza, 2nd line, you use the word "cognizes." Spell check should have indicated it is not a word. There is cognition, cognizable, cognizance, cognizant or even, cognoscente. In the context here, I think you want cognizant, as in, "Cause no one is cognizant", meaning , fully informed, conscious. Nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maan

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the review and I really appreciate that you corrected the mistake. Spell check had ind.. read more



Reviews

Withdrawal is conclusion,
Beginning it means

grt lines

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think this kind of poem is one of those poems that requires you to know the person who wrote it. It's written wonderfully but with a lot of underlined-hidden context.
It's practically about you ,as you stated, and while reading I uncover more details. Like stuff under the skin.

Hope you understand me..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There are many lost laughing souls. "Everyone" has their own personal storms. How many people commit suicide and friends all say "They seemed so happy?" That's not to diminish your torment. Many of the greatest Poets and Artists were tormented. Personally, I am at my most creative during the storm. I'm often shallow in the sunshine.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You kind of show a picture of ME, I mean me in the real sense. Am not lost but i feel out, out of this world, out of this box, out of cliques, out from own. Your poem is wonderful. I'll mimic BARBARA WALKER, Nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"For everyone in lane " ? not sure about this line.poem oh poem,Carved out a piece of your time. I think you were working hard to corral the emotion you felt with the world stepping in your way,it ticks and clicks but I don't know if you finished what you started.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your weapon is silence...love that line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is beautifully expressed it has a pathos like alone in a crowd end up un known all of us has that fear at some time.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seems we take our "insights" where and as we find them.

Using the authors note as a guide, the gestault of the poem makes a sort of strobed-light-splashed across a mindscape sense. The overall flavor is such that I wonder if your translation was quite as efficient or equal to the shades of meaning of your intent. My own mind changed the shades of meaning and I had to return to YOUR words.

Chris

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love the passion in this writing it can be applied to so many people in so many ways it is clear to the reader yet different to each one

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1012 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 3, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012
Tags: the, torment, life, may, be, yeah, but, know, don't

Author

Maan
Maan

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
Not really much to say about what I am or anything about me. Its like I've never find myself in the spheres of something and something not, I always wander somewhere in between them, all I get is the .. more..

Writing
Life at 0Km/h Life at 0Km/h

A Screenplay by Maan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse


~ Kensho ~ Kensho

A Poem by