Morning's Miracles

Morning's Miracles

A Poem by Sammi
"

This one is for Lyn Anderson (KLGoode) in the style she showed me and to Barleygirl for a little more variety -- thank you my lovely new friends! :)

"



    Stepping out this morn’

    Oh my!

    A sweet treat for the eyes

    So glorious a site to love

    Such an endearing surprise…


    Grass sparkling with dew

    I sighed!

    Children’s laughter filled the air

    Birds singing and sunshine bright

    I felt like there was never a care…


    It's in times like this one knows

    It’s true!

    What’s gifted feeds each soul

    Everywhere we look and listen

    Miracles live to help us be whole.

© 2017 Sammi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First, I must talk about the stunning presentation, when merged with the spiritual and healing purple colour, certainly captivated my eyes. Then the words of this sweet poetry, being: "Everywhere we look and listen
Miracles live to help us be whole." (my favourite) Made me be right there feeling everything so vivid and fresh. What a lovely everything about your poem!

Well done from me!!!
Stay happy....
:-)
Sil

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Aw Sil you make me blush form all your nice brags, isn't that a beautiful picture? I think I found i.. read more



Reviews

No truer words spoken...miracles ARE everywhere..we just have to open our minds and hearts. Beautiful write Sammi, smooth flowing, tranquil wording and an overall peaceful feel. :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Golly dear Susan you sure wrote me a lot of reviews in a row and I am very happy to have them from m.. read more
Tis indeed good to explore other forms of writing and you do this well but have great tutelage in your chosen teachers.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

I think you are a very wise man Sir to say this it is almost exactly what my real teacher Richard sa.. read more
Wonderful piece my dear friend! what makes it even more beautiful is the simplicity and the feeling of enthusiasm and being alive! Your words dance vibrantly over the page, what a beautiful message You've conveyed in a simple effective beautiful way.

Posted 6 Years Ago


lightsong

6 Years Ago

BEAUTIFUL photo too! gloweing with colorful positivity, I love it!
Sammi

6 Years Ago

I was hoping you could find this one dear sweet Light because it seems like something your own heart.. read more
A beautiful poem, deep and meaningful in its simplicity. I love the concept from beginning to end .. 'Stepping out this morn' to 'Miracles live to help us be whole.' (PS It was not me who wrote the comment below. I wonder who it was? It must be another Great Aunt Astri, who sounds a bit too big for her boots.) Not bad, did she say? Indeed you are a much 'superior' poet than little old me, and I have learnt a lot from you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Wow Great Aunt Astri two reviews for the same poem I am really lucky and you really know how to enco.. read more
Great Aunt Astri

6 Years Ago

Sammi, thanks. But that first review was Not from me.
Miracles of life discovered...
An especially beautiful image !!
And font to match..
Altogether ....Lovely..

Jazzy

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

You treat me so sweet Jazzy and I am proud to share our poetry together because you are so special i.. read more
J. J.  Nightingale

6 Years Ago

You deserve CHEERS !!! You are welcome...!
What a way to start the day! With such a positive shine to this poem. It gives off a real sparkle to one's eyes, to read something so inviting. This reminds me that there is truly a silver lining in everything we observe.

Thanks for sharing this! ~ Paul

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Boy I have a lot of reviews left on this to give thanks for, I've been a bad girl Paul. ;) They are .. read more
Paul

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome Sammi. There will be lots more, I'm sure! :)

Paul
Sammi

6 Years Ago

Ohhh boyyyy! ;D
Oh-MY!
Sammi, this is sheer heaven to the eye, mind, heart, and soul, and KL and Barleygirl are two of the premiere poetess onsite.
How wonderful you are such great friends … no better to have anywhere.
This form KL taught you is amazingly beautiful, and your presentation of it all steals my breath.

I cannot say enough of how very much I appreciate your talent and taste in poetry and friends … thank you sincerely, Dear Lady-Poet … hugs! ⁓ Richard : )

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Sammi,
I'm not going anywhere, and if you should need anything,just tap my on the shoulder �.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Sammi

6 Years Ago

Thank you Richard :D
Yes, not bad. I felt it cou d have had more substance and ... I did enjoy it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Yes I agree Great Aunt Astri because I am trying my best and will get better in time with so many he.. read more
VERY NICE TO READ GOOD GOING TO THE POINT TOPIC VERY CLEARStepping out this morn’
Oh my!
A sweet treat for the eyes
So glorious a site to love
Such an endearing surprise…

Grass sparkling with dew
I sighed!
Children’s laughter filled the air
Birds singing and sunshine bright
I felt like there was never a care…

It's in times like this one knows
It’s true!
What’s gifted feeds each soul
Everywhere we look and listen
Miracles live to help us be whole.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Thank you writ for reading and reviewing this poem for me! :)

HUGGS!
Sammi
Very excellent point, the way you've conveyed the artistic process, at least for me, where everything awesome & beautiful (or heartwrenching) that I come across each day feeds my creative flow, even when what I decide to write about is not the same topic or even in the same medium. Everything feeds the universal flow of intelligence or spirit or whatever each person may want to call it. If we tap into it, instead of fighting things that are unexpected or seemingly undesired, we find everything brings a gift of some kind to feed the soul, just as you've so perfectly described here.

I love the uneven stanza construction, with the 2nd line being short for emphasis. This is the perfect way to "repeat" (many use the same exact words in each stanza, a form of repetition which sometimes can dull the message instead of intensifying it) . . . that is, the way you have re-stated each exclamation differently & equally impactful in each stanza. This is having the desired effect of grabbing the reader's attention and conveying excitement.

Even tho I think your choices of observations work well and are relatable, in a couple spots, it sounds a tiny bit cliché: "grass sparkling with dew" . . . "children's laughter filled the air" . . . I encourage you to try to reach a little deeper and find some new observations that nobody else has written similarly, a billion different times. Even a tiny adjustment can make a line like this sound more authentic & original, such as "children's uncontrollable giggles" . . . or "dew drops collecting on my dog's nose as she sniffs, nose down in the grass" . . . of course, you would use your own style, but these are just my ideas . . . I'm not saying this poem is so cliché that it needs to be reworked, but rather, just ideas to carry into your next writing project, OK? (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sammi

6 Years Ago

Hi Sis oh you are going to be so mad at me I know and with this great big beautiful review it doesn'.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

No worries, my friend (((HUGS))) . . . I haven't been paying very close attention to things on this .. read more
Sammi

6 Years Ago

Aw Sis you are so sweet to me -- thank you! :)

(((HUGS))) back!
Sammi

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1100 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 31, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2017

Author

Sammi
Sammi

Just outside Boulder, CO



About
I'm not really very new here I've just been gone for awhile. I think poetry is a gift from the soul the mind and the heart meant to learn well and share with all. :) I'm a 48 year old widow a wo.. more..

Writing
G O N E ! G O N E !

A Poem by Sammi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..