Right beside me

Right beside me

A Poem by Samthepostman
"

Love doesn't end over time...

"
She's so beautiful even after the accident. Especially her slightly thin top lip and soft passionate bottom lip. Even when I haven't said anything she looks at me and the corners of her lips curve upwards. A subtle smile, always.

Tonight is no different than any other. I comment on how the food is so much better than hospital sludge. She's deathly quiet but I don't mind doing the talking. The table is set out the way she likes it, place mats to protect the delicate oak.

Two hours have passed and I've talked with the endurance of a marathon runner. She hasn't touched her food, but the glimmer in her eyes tells me she's okay. Maybe it's just a sad mood, she'll come around. I apologize for the meal and say tomorrow I'll cook her favourite pasta.
My limp is still horrible, the pain in my hip hasn't gone away since. Taking her plate, I scrape the food into the bin and then place it in the dishwasher. I've never once complained about doing more around the house.

Looking at my watch it's almost time for her favourite show. My watch hasn't functioned for two months. Time is but a measure of when the sun rises and falls. I don't need turning hands to remember that. So I help her to the couch and sit down waiting for it to start. Her photograph right beside me.

Sam.

© 2015 Samthepostman


Author's Note

Samthepostman
Obviously there's a hidden message/fact in this story...hopefully it's not too obvious. I just wanted to mix it up a little with my writing and see what happens 😊

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on October 19, 2015
Last Updated on November 2, 2015
Tags: love, endless, time, couple, sadness, romantic, emotional, twist